What to do if you come across this in the bush!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a cat but......................

1590719175_wild_dog.jpg

Cant say I've ever come across a big cat...but seen some bloody big reindeer here in the WA dessert and as far as I know they are a north American species..... maybe come over with the troops during WW2 were let loose and bred up?

Dl4a3TW.jpg

Probably where he hooked it to the 4wd to pull it off the road or out of the way?

On closer inspection of the crime scene, I hypothesize that Tuna wanted a photo of his kill, but it's head was too heavy for the milk crate that was propping it up, (Maybe the milk crate is there to help him chop it's nogging off, as Camel noggings are much sought after and command a good price). So, the dead tree stump is also tied to it and hanging over the back so it keeps its head from flopping forwards and falling off the milk crate. At this point MT thought it looked like one of Santas Reindeer and he got all sentimental about it and he took a photo.

Theory #2
MT just wanted a pic of the camel looking like a Reindeer, but couldn't tie the tree stump and get it to sit where he wanted it unless he propped the camels head up.

Theory #3
That's the way MT likes his Camels- in chains and dressed like Reindeer :inlove:

And finally, Theory #4
MT has been on his own wandering the expanses of Erlistoun Station for months on end without any human contact. He's lost the plot and has been interrogating the camel to get it to tell him where all the gold is. The Jerry can in the background suggests that his next attempt to get it to talk is to try waterboarding.

What "things will happen" Jack? You going to report me to P.E.T.A.? The Police? Society for the prevention of camels wearing bling?

Tell them I've whacked a good 7000 of them and I force them to pose for the camera wearing bling dressed as reindeer :D

No need to research my actions...I think I'm pretty much the brunt of every camel joke and jibe on the forum

Outback said:
All's cool Tuna , smile together hey !

:)
fair enough...Honestly I don't enjoy whacking stuff, I do it because it has to be done. Sometimes you have to dress one up as a reindeer or a unicorn else you end up a depressed mess.

madtuna said:
What "things will happen" Jack? You going to report me to P.E.T.A.? The Police? Society for the prevention of camels wearing bling?

Tell them I've whacked a good 7000 of them and I force them to pose for the camera wearing bling dressed as reindeer :D

No need to research my actions...I think I'm pretty much the brunt of every camel joke and jibe on the forum

Tuna , you jumped in to early , did my checking & your correct mate !

Regards
jack . :D

About 20 years ago a mate and i were off to town on our way through a cutting in the road a big black animal about the size of a greyhound or Labrador jumped off the 20 foot high embankment onto the road and then of the other side down another drop approximately the same size. Moved smooth and slinky like a cat. We stopped the car and looked at each other in shock. I built a massive steel trap to try and catch it alive and moved it around the bush in that area for the next few years. Caught nothing but foxes and a lot of ridicule. Whenever im out fishing or prospecting I've always got one eye on the bush. :eek:

Looks like a Browning 44 magnum, crappy fire power but leaves a damn big hole in any thing out to 50 yards

when I was younger (just yesterday) a good friend of mine had a lever-action 44 magnum.
Like you say MT, hopeless range, but man what a lot of fun blasting the crap out anything out to 50yards.
It had a trajectory like a brick.
great gun for pig hunting tho :power: :bomb:

MT, have the goats been cleaned out of your area?
When Weebo was running sheep they battled for food up against the goats. During drier times the goats pruned everything up to a standing height. Wasn't uncommon to see a bush surrounded by goats standing on their back legs munching away. When a market was established the goats were worth more than the sheep.
Now not a goat to be seen around Weebo/Melrose/Tarmoola.
They were a great source of tasty meat.