Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A brand spankers Ford Wildtrack with full leather and every concievable extra available.
Now to ring ARB for some extras.
Am keeping the Prado for camping/detecting/boating/wood etc

1590650378_wt_resize.jpg

Today my new 70W HID kit turned up for my old IPF spotties. I had 55W in them & I noticed over the last year that they weren't as bright as they used to be. The 55W units are approx 7.5yrs old, & a couple of weeks ago one of them carked it. Not a bad run I think.
Anyhow, I started to look at swapping the units over late this arvo, & removed the blown light from the housing to discover the chromed shroud/rim had fairly bad rust inside in the bottom section. These IPF-900 lights are about 20yrs old. (these are the original really good deep dish focused ones, not the later crap XS-900's), so I hit it with the brass wheel brush in the drill & some rust converter. Tomorrow it will get some etch primer & 'chrome' enamel. Should be good for another decade or 2.
1590663554_ipf_hid_70w_kit_small.jpg

1590663571_ipf_rusted_shroud_small.jpg

I've had this jumper from New Zealand Natural Clothing for about a week now. It is the warmest jumper I've ever had.

Dual layer with merino on the outside, and merino, possum and nylon on the inside.

Just the thing for Goulburn winters - today its 5C at 10:00 am with a feels like -0.5 due to the wind.

Much warmer than polar fleece and better around the campfire being wool. Nice long tail that does not ride up when you sit or squat, so you don't get a cold back.

Description says:

"The Tasman features a 1/4 zip with a super soft collar and lining. The unique possum blend and wool dual layer system has been developed to help you maintain your optimum body temperature (36.6C)

Possum fibre traps body heat within its hollow core, making it highly effective as an insulation layer.

From MKM Originals 36.6 'double or nothing' collection this jersey comes highly recommended!

Blend/Composition:

Outer: Pure wool

Lining: 65% wool 25% possum 10% nylon (for strength)

Made in New Zealand at Palmerston North."

I also got a wool/possum/silk cardigan for Mrs Duck who loves it.

I think I'll get another jumper, or maybe the hoodie.

https://nznaturalclothingshop.co.nz...-possum-merino-36-6-jersey-mkm-originals.html

These arrived today, wifi connected lighting that can be controlled thru various apps and things like Apple TV, Google Nests etc.
Set up so the wife can ask Siri to turn them on or off. No need to have a light on all night anymore and no need to worry if her hands arent functioning. They draw less than 0.5 watts on standby. Worth considering for anyone with disabilities. Made by LIFX, these were $38 for two.
1591074623_95c8c4aa-e0bc-44b8-9fb6-e72679f7a2e2.jpg

1591175935_15911758971470.jpg

Well not bought today but finally cleared some of the furniture we couldn't move due to the virus & got my Crazy Crusher set up.
Nice bit of Aussie Made gear from Gold Rat Engineering (G0lddigg@ - Dustin). :Y:
Will be a handy finisher after the initial smash up with the dolly pot.

Dreadie said:
Gday all, yes(today) ? i bought a GM1000, pan kit and pick. Gotta start somewhere i guess. Just gotta wait a few days for it to arrive before i can get out there. Cant wait.

Good choices Dreadie, now you're set. Spend the time between now and when they arrive researching gold rich areas so you increase your chances, some good tips on how and where to pan on Youtube.

Check out Baz's tools: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32440 real handy bit of kit and a lot of us here have these, I've got 2 of them :)

Thanks Mackka and Dihusky. I went with a local prospecting store instead of the cheap sale from the bigger guys and im glad i did. Came with some nice little extras and some training on a working lease which im stoked about and cant wait to get out there. Cheers for the link to bazs tools aswell, they look awesome. I wonder if i could get a wooden handle on 1?? :lol: . I will send him a pm when I get past my 10 posts.

Hahaha thanks Mackka. Does he make other handy tools that would be useful for me just starting out or is it pretty much a case of the right tools for the right job depending on the place your going?