Sunny Corner NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Write a waterproofed sign and attach it to a stake where they camp.

I could give you some suggestions on wording but I reckon you can work out something.

I use a pop up tent with a camping loo , why cant those **** ****** **** and they can ****.*** ******* , as far as I am concerned ****** ** ***** *** ******** like every other **** ********* , really *** ***** *** ***********.

Seriously ******** **** ***** *******

Not sure what the rules are for ferals up there. Hope the pest problem gets sorted out though

:poop: :N:

Actually thats one good thing about blokes detecting, they usually have a pick handy no matter how hard the ground is. Keeping Australia Beautiful.

OldGT said:
Not sure what the rules are for ferals up there. Hope the pest problem gets sorted out though

:poop: :N:

Actually thats one good thing about blokes detecting, they usually have a pick handy no matter how hard the ground is. Keeping Australia Beautiful.

Unfortunately that doesn't fix the problem. The area just south of Karratha was really bad for that. Every guy or girl there would have had a pick but still they left their crap lying around. Actually the feces isn't as bad as the paper because in the hot Pilbara climate it dries out in a day or two but the paper is there for a very long time. The whole area was clean a few years back because gold was never found until then but the modern prospectors there were often the fly-in-fly-out breed who have been raised in a city environment. They have no respect for fellow man or the land.

it gives me the :poop: to arrive at a location, setup camp, head into the bush to pick a location to dig a hole for the drop box (one of those neat folding ones with a proper seat :) ), to find crap & paper on the surface over a big area.
some people need to be
Dropped
Entirely
Down a :poop: hole

Sadly Chris, there is nothing really new there.

In the 1970's to late 80's we lived in Bathurst. In the mid 70's my mate and I were dredging, sluicing, panning, whatever in all those tucked away spots. To preserve the secrecy of our locations we always subscribed to the "LNT" principle (Leave No Trace) The only remnants of our being there was dead camp fire ashes.

But in particular the Sunny/Dark Corner area seemed to have an attraction for those who wanted to test their 4wd against that steep, wooded terrain, drink vast amounts of alcohol, leave an unholy mess behind just as you describe with "Sorbent Flowers" blooming everywhere. On occasion, it sounded like a war zone with the amount of shooting going on..........

Certainly gold there, but those weekend worriers from the Metro region (easily identified) were too much for us. :argh:

Yep,

We have seen the same thing at Oallen Ford. Mainly non-prospectors doing the wrong thing, it was popular for long weekends with trail bike riders and general family groups.

Piles of trash, used nappies, King Henry the Thirds, poo tickets and all kinds of rubbish left behind.

Now camping has been banned up top, but not down on the river.

Last year someone had left a chair with the seat cut out of it down on the cobbles.

Just gives the greenies ammunition to get more and more areas closed off.

See a need
1592813584_screenshot_2020-06-22-18-08-07.jpg
1592813616_screenshot_2020-06-22-18-08-19.jpg
1592813661_screenshot_2020-06-22-18-08-34.jpg

on a smaller scale maybe
1592813862_screenshot_2020-06-22-18-11-22.jpg

just burn the sh!t out'a the place :poop:
scorched earth policy :D

no idea gp....it's not a temporary logging closure or something ..maybe... :8...red lights flashing...alarm bells going off...red flags flappn. :eek:

Sunny Corner State Forest has been closed to fossicking. It's been offlimits on Minview & NSW State Forest ArcGis for awhile now - not sure of the official reasoning but it came after an incident where a motorbike rider went into an old mine & was injured. Newspaper reports suggested he was going to start legal proceedings against NSW State Forests.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...down-a-mine-shaft-to-sue-20200701-p5585q.html
Elle Dalzell, of Shine Lawyers, will argue there should have been obvious warning signs, barriers and fencing to warn park-goers of the dangers.

"Our client went through terrible mental and physical pain while his traumatised son watched on, fearing his dad was dying," she said.
Unfortunately you can't help stupid! :N:
Easier to close these places than put up barriers for idiots. It's just not feasible to put up signage, barriers & fencing for every single disused mineshaft in these places.

There have also been previous incidents like this:
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...e/news-story/1a9c89a0ac05362c0eba48c9e21fa841

Bit of a theme happening? :eek: (ducking for cover) :playful:

Thanks mbasko
i remember that incident , i had to renew my licence and check the latest on closures ,where you can and cant go and was surprise that fossicking was not permited in sunnycorner :(

No worries - I was surprised when I seen it too.
Also surprised there hasn't been much said about the closure to fossicking on here?

There was a bit of discussion on here after the incident. Pretty sad when people don't take responsibility for their own stupid actions & the knock on effect appears to have caused a whole area to be closed.

Well that's just a real bugger!...I've had my evil eye on a couple of spots up that way..doesn't seem fair to put a blanket ban on a place through the stupidity of a few...Iwonder if it's Forestry taking advantage of one incident to put an end to the bad behaviour of quite a few dickheads who leave the place looking like a rubbish dump?...so many reports have come to light of that nature and those of us who care for the place are now denied access. :8 :mad:

Agree many years ago I was there fossicking and saw piles of trash,it look like a dumbing ground for some ,having little respect for others and then ruining for us who try to keep within the laws and respecting others who enjoy the state forest
I do have to say though,there was one guy who was using a metal detector ,after detecting he clean up a area that look like a abandoned trash campsite rubbish everywhere , Im kicking myself not thanking him ,he certainly inspired me to do the same wherever I go?

Latest posts