Almost Ready to Start Gathering Rough

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat Hogen said:
Well you know then that there is a fossil deposit out at Merseyvale Rd near Railton. Agglomerates and red/green Jasper before Piggery Bay at Penguin. Flower Jasper up the Leven past the dump. Good agates at Wynyard.

Hi Pat, have been on field trips and found the jasper at Penguin and Merseylea. Have also been to Calder looking for lace agate. Am now focusing on quartz to facet until lapidary club starts up again. I have been looking up at Moina but havent found any of significance yet.

Pat Hogen said:
Very good lace agate is on the beach, low tide, Fossil Bluff, plus a reasonable interpretation of nephrite.

Thanks Pat. Might have to sneak up there for a look. I see they are finding some nice gold there at Doctors Rocks as well.

Malachite has arrived

1597799160_img_20200819_105403.jpg

1597799172_img_20200819_105437.jpg

xcvator said:
The slant cabber is almost ready for a trial run, but I need some rocks :) ( wifes been saying that for years )
I've got a 4" tile saw for cutting them, so they can only be small.
So where to get some stone/slabs to practice on ? There are no rivers or creeks nearby to me. I've seen heaps for sale, (ebay, etc ) but I don't know which is which, what will just fall apart and/or not polish.

I thought of giving this place a try, not expensive for a big chunk, and I like the colour
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...lgo_pvid=c64f70d9-4c1d-4c21-91e8-6104ab41ee00

Thoughts please

Took a while but this chunk of man made turned up today .

1600050024_img_20200914_121324.jpg