Introduction and gold detecting.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I hope everyone is well in these crazy times?

My name is Darren I live in Bendigo and am new to forums and are not so IT savvy.

NOT sure about fourm etiquette (So Hi).

I would like to get my youngest Son out into the Bush around Bendigo and was wondering (as i know nothing) if I should by a Gold master 24k or a TDI high Q (limited budget).

Kind regards Darren.

G'day Darren,

Welcome to the forum. I'm newish here as well. Can't help you with your question, however there is a huge amount of info on detectors in the forum (use the search feature) and some really helpful people to help with any questions you have.

I was panning for a while (which is really low cost) until I did my research and pulled the trigger on a detector with a budget I was comfortable with. That may help you get your son out into the bush before you grab a detector.

Thanks,
leaning towards the TDI at the moment as i want to purchase one next week and get into the bush, not sure where the best place will be to buy one have left a message with gold scan in woodend, will see how the next few days progress.
Cheers.

Bendigo prospecting club has monthly weekends away in the GT.
Many experienced members. The club has different detectors newbies can use, under supervision and guidance.

Latest posts