Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tanks traps have emerged at Stockton beach, must have been some serious sand shifted in the last couple of days :rainbow: :money:

Wally69 said:
Tanks traps have emerged at Stockton beach, must have been some serious sand shifted in the last couple of days :rainbow: :money:
Bugger this Im flying down , worth 2 weeks quarantine to do a couple of weeks detecting with you fellas down there :Y:

Im just back in the car now from this mornings hunt
Read Heathos post and began dreaming of TREASURE , so thought i might get lucky on my beaches (HA ..wishful thinking)
Newcastle beach is full , came around to Bar beach , followed a small cut and a bit of erossion for a few coins and another small silver ring.
Oh well :/
Hope its not another 18 months before i get back :8

Well now that im home and have cleaned things up
Turns out the little silver ring isnt a silver ring.... not even a ring at all :rolleyes:
'57 sixpence and whats left of a threepence
$30 is a nice reward though :Y:
1590565288_img_9659.jpg

1590565345_img_9658.jpg

The latest ECL has certainly devestated a lot of the coast line
(Just look at those poor bastards at Wamberal )
Selfishly for us though , it provides an opportunity to find some older lost treasure.
The only problem for me (living away from the coast) is choosing where to go. :rolleyes:
After recently watching one of Jacob (Digging Australia) videos showing some of the exposed tank traps on Stockton beach , that swayed my decision.
On arrival , i could see those exposed traps running almost continuously for at least a few kilometers up the beach ...WOW
thats the first time I have seen them , except for photos.
Ideally , i should have been there days earlier , but that work stuff kept me from it.
It wasnt long before the tatgets started popping... they were everywhere !
A shovel and seive would have been just as good , if not better :playful:
Pretty soon Jacob and his mate Jeremy turned up , and after a quick hello we were all digging up goodies.
I really wanted to head north to just walk along side those historical tetrahedrons , but to do so i had to force myself to hold my detector in the air and walk away from such a productive spot :awful:
Here is some of my finds , minus a kilo or so of lead :8
1595119187_img_9731.jpg

1595119187_img_9735.jpg

1595119256_img_9734.jpg

1595119302_img_9727.jpg

1595119303_img_9728.jpg

1595119303_img_9729.jpg

1595119303_img_9730.jpg

I dont know about 'a lot better' but doubt costume jewellery
Definately silver and been there quite a while
The back of the setting is open , so i guess that implies the stone is real and not just glass , doesnt it?
Aquamarine maybe?

Sandta said:
I dont know about 'a lot better' but doubt costume jewellery
Definately silver and been there quite a while
The back of the setting is open , so i guess that implies the stone is real and not just glass , doesnt it?
Aquamarine maybe?

I don't know much about stones but the first thing I thought of was a sapphire. Hope for you it is. :Y: :power:

I was wondering when we would see some finds from all that erosion, did well on the coinage & silvers sandta, the drone is a bit of an unexpected find. :eek:

Nice hunt :inlove:

I am going topaz as well, it is harder than Quartz/silica and it looks like the sand has done little if no scratch damage to the stone.

Edit. Aquamarine is actually harder than Quartz, though it was just under but is just over. Could be a definite possibility too.

I was down the south coast over the weekend and the beach we were at was actually growing rather than being eroded, despite the very large swell.

I've swung there a few times and have concluded that it is one of the cleanest beaches around. No bottle tops, ring pulls or anything else, just a few sinkers around the rocks.

Gday Doc,
Ye mate i know that feeling :rolleyes:
I went to the wrong beach myself last week
Despite all the news of beach erossion , this beach had also grown :(
It really does help to have a regular eye on to see what is actually happening to a particular beach (i think anyway)
I did get these from another well eroded spot though
Never seen any coins with this much damage :8
1596328519_img_9763.jpg

1596328519_img_9764.jpg

Latest posts