Gold Magic Spiral Wheel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Psycho said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but am interested in getting one of these as Im tired of panning buckets in my backyard and still waiting on a highbanker. Anyone know where I could buy one in Aus? Looks like the only option is for a US import and that looks like quite an expensive option.

Or perhaps the Keene model has been improved since?

Hey Psycho you need to chill bro! ....you're 170 years late to the "gold rush" so there's no fortunes to be made on alluvial nowadays, keep at it, panning can be meditative :Y:

casper said:
Psycho said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but am interested in getting one of these as Im tired of panning buckets in my backyard and still waiting on a highbanker. Anyone know where I could buy one in Aus? Looks like the only option is for a US import and that looks like quite an expensive option.

Or perhaps the Keene model has been improved since?

Hey Psycho you need to chill bro! ....you're 170 years late to the "gold rush" so there's no fortunes to be made on alluvial nowadays, keep at it, panning can be meditative :Y:

Bro I am chilled af. Look at my smiling avatar lol. I reckon a blue bowl with a couple mods might be better (and cheaper) than this spiral thing. I'm still a beginner at all this, but I'm already craving more efficient work practices haha. I'm only finding very fine flour gold atm, hence the panning frustration.

Eluvial said:
And just a heads up in case you didn't know, High banking is illegal in NSW..

I thought high banking with a petrol pump was illegal, as it's "mechanical" but an electric pump was fine?

I was ihighbanking with a mate n Tuena 4 years ago. Have things changed again?

As far as I know you cant use any pump petrol or electric.
There's a hole tread on it in in Alluvial gold prospecting with heaps of info about it..
I'd post a link to it but I'm not that computer savvy..
A lot people have high bankers wasting a way in there sheds including me. :|

Eluvial said:
As far as I know you cant use any pump petrol or electric.
There's a hole tread on it in in Alluvial gold prospecting with heaps of info about it..
I'd post a link to it but I'm not that computer savvy..
A lot people have high bankers wasting a way in there sheds including me. :|

Pity we didnt have any organisation watching our backs , They could have negotiated with Govt to either compensate us for the equipment we couldnt use or back off with their ban on pumps.

All i can do now is travel to Vic to use my banker , and if they ban that in Vic too then it just shows how totally F*****d in the head they are.

I have a gold wheel, It's a great piece of gear, but dare not use it in the bush,
It works best with washed and classified material, but can be used to recover gold from straight wash.
If you can collect some material or are doing a quick pan in the bush, you can save the last cup full on cons, run it at home to recover any gold.

Latest posts