New detector and advice please - Equinox & Vanquish

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So today i picked up the Vanquish for my young bloke and the Nox is mine.

Looking at another machine for the minister of finance and war with more of a focus on gold. Heading out to Sofala sometime soon.

Do you recommend another Nox 800 or a goldmonster 1000?

1590232303_screenshot_20200523-211111_gallery.jpg

Check out the detecting "show n tell" by Lord from SA, he used 800, Z, gold monster and found gold with all 3 ;)

Probably cant go wrong with either machine but I would say monster just for the fact you already have the Nox.

They were very similar on all the targets I tested. While I found 2 nuggets solely with my equinox I swung both machines over every target to get a feel for the Nox and its definitely a very capable machine on the tiniest of targets. Talking sub 0.1 grammers
Every peice the monster found the Nox also picked up.

Watch a bit of YouTube on each machine, GM can be noisy and take a bit of getting used to because of it.

You will need the 6" coil on Nox too to be in competition with the GM.
May be worth getting a monster and Nox 6" so you can both go out together, even second hand to save some $$

Fossiker said:
So today i picked up the Vanquish for my young bloke and the Nox is mine.

Looking at another machine for the minister of finance and war with more of a focus on gold. Heading out to Sofala sometime soon.

Do you recommend another Nox 800 or a goldmonster 1000?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...232303_screenshot_20200523-211111_gallery.jpg

I would try the existing Nox out first. As already mentioned the 6" is said to be the best option for gold on mineralised ground.

The gold modes on the Nox are apparently based on the same tech as the GM, so if the Nox doesn't cope with the mineralisation, I doubt the GM will do significantly better...If the mineralisation is particularly bad, if might be better to save for a good PI machine rather than end up with three machines that don't really do what you want...

If you have a big trip planned for a gold area, you could hire a PI machine and then compare it to the Nox...

Thanks gents for the feedback. I grabbed the 6 inch coil last week from miners de and havent had a chance to use it yet. I think Ill stick with the NOX for now. But my mindset was if I get the wife a machine Id have 3 different machines buying the GM. Now Im looking at a GPX-4500! Heading over to Lords show and tell now. Thanks all. :Y:

Latest posts