First run for GM ( and me )

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
I'm heading up to Warwick tomorrow to try out my new GM ( first time for me and the GM :D ) .
I'm not familiar with the area ( or much else to do with detecting for that matter ) and will only have 5-6 hrs there before I have to head home so I was wondering which would be the better areas to try and which are a waste of time .
Not expecting too much first time out but I'm sure it will be a bit of a learning curve :eek: .
Cheers
Brian

Used to be some good gold coming out of there but I think mainly by shovel and pan however there are some very knowledgeable people on here with far more info than I. Best Wishes
Mackka

I was going to go down yesterday but worked out it's 168k for me. Outside the 150k radius, so I cancelled.
Enjoy the fine!
Funny how some think they are exempt.

Idlewild said:
I just rechecked it and Karara is about 25km outside the radius .
Gympie comes in at a bit under 140km , is Deep Creek worth going to ?
Back yourself every time mate and dont get down if you come up donuts. Even the best come up zeros. Keep on keeping on the old saying and cartoon goes. Even the zero places dont write em off. Keep at it. Patience will eventually pay dividends. Did some time in Clermont, pm me and ill give you a spot.
Edit. Sorry, just did a search and saw Bottom Apsley was closed a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if it is now open to detecting? Bumner if it isn't. Was a a good area. Left there wanting to do more.

bigdog said:
Bottom Apsley still closed 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(
Thats a bummer. Was the last spot I detected there when I lived in QLD. Left really wanting to do some more there but had to return to Vic as my Dad was passing away at the time and never returned. Found a spot on virgin ground. May have been more, maybe not as Iv done enough to be let down by that before. Weird isnt it gold at times. But yep, that's a shame. Why did they close it, any ideas!?

JD3 said:
bigdog said:
Bottom Apsley still closed 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(
Thats a bummer. Was the last spot I detected there when I lived in QLD. Left really wanting to do some more there but had to return to Vic as my Dad was passing away at the time and never returned. Found a spot on virgin ground. May have been more, maybe not as Iv done enough to be let down by that before. Weird isnt it gold at times. But yep, that's a shame. Why did they close it, any ideas!?

Under Qld law the person holding the grazing lease on a state forest has the right to choose to exclude fossicking from that state forest. The grazier did just that in 2018 and now we can't fossick in that entie GPA.

Latest posts