Info on Nugget Finder XP coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got an old Nugget Finder 18" round D.D. coil that I know nothing about, so I'm hoping someone on the forum can help me. It's got a switch on it half way up the cord with N and X.P. on it. I guess N means normal but, what does X.P. mean. I heard that switching It to X.P. gave It more power, but I don't know how that would work. I also heard It was considered two coils in one?? Has anyone ever used one, and, were they any good? wiley

Hi Guys,
Has anyone had any recent experience with the Nuggetfinder XP coils that came out a few years ago. I have had recent success under power lines when using these in Enhance timings with the XP in the 'on' position, both in depth and running quiet. Playing around flicking it back to the DD coil or XP turned 'off', it seemed to be a bit ratty requiring me to use the cancel mode but I think I may have been losing some depth.

Whilst these coils worked well with the GP series just wondering if anyone is using them especially in highly mineralised ground near or around high tension power lines running as a pseudo mono and enhanced timings.

Cheers

Jack

Also interested in this as have a GP3500, but on the look out for a 14x9 xp dd NF to try out,they would have a bit of age on them by now but feel they may be compatible.

The XP coils were introduced for the 3500 i have a 16 inch and use it around power lines on a 4500 and 5000 ,with it in xp mode use the detector in normal and increase the RX AND STAB. I have found small gold plus a 3 oz using it this way regards john :Y:

Latest posts