Pajero steering wheel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am looking for a nl pajero non airbag steering wheel. If anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ded- i have thought that also but would prefer to swap for same model. If possible

2late- i have read and that thread. I dont want to hand my pajero in for multiple reasons and the biggest is they can eat :poop: for trying to force me into it. Was there any part you were referring to specifically?

The way i see things happening is when a car goes in for a rego check and the vin number shows the the air bag hasent been changed it will be deemed as unsafe on the road and will fail rego.
Or as in NSW rms will cancel the rego on the veh if the air bag is not done.
So changing the steering wheel wont help because the vin is recorded as air bag fitted and to do that then under their law makes that veh unroadworthy and unable to be registered
So at the end of the day they get you any way you turn.
This is just my thoughts on the way it will happen

No, I did not know if you had read it, Lone Wolf does refer to someone who had changed the steering wheel and still lost the car, good points as 7.62 says above in NSW, I do not know about other states, from what I have read unless you also change the VIN and a lot of other numbers it is a no win situation, our old one now lives on a farm with the bags removed. :coffee:

Graham

The dealership doesn't check any numbers they just check for the airbag symbol if it has an airbag then fail. That was my understanding of the process. Im pretty sure vic roads doesn't record if a vehicle is fitted with an airbag. But ive been known to be wrong more than once :lol:

I believe Vicroads will identify all vehicles who have not been marked as airbag replaced. Based on vehicle vin. Vehicles marked as no airbag replaced will be ineligible for registration.
Safety thing

cheers hh

Does the recall affect my vehicle registration or insurance?

The Takata airbag recall does not automatically make the vehicle unregisterable under state or territory transport laws.

State and territory registration authorities are considering vehicle registration sanctions for vehicles fitted with high risk defective Takata alpha airbag inflators. These are fitted to certain Honda, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mazda and Lexus cars, with models sold between 2001-2004. The registration sanction {Suspension} is only applicable to vehicles fitted with a faulty alpha Takata airbag, and where the registered vehicle owner fails to respond to multiple recall notifications from the vehicle manufacturer to arrange replacement.

Steps to implement registration sanctions are currently underway in several states and territories. If you are concerned that your vehicles registration may be impacted, check to see if your vehicle is fitted with an alpha airbag and, if it is, contact your vehicle manufacturer to arrange a replacement immediately. The ACCC recommends that these vehicles should not be driven. You can also contact your state or territory vehicle registration authority for more information about registration.

The recall should not affect your insurance unless your registration is suspended, cancelled or not renewed by a state or territory registration authority. If your insurer tells you otherwise, you should seek confirmation of your insurers position in writing so that you may seek advice from the Insurance Council of Australia and/or the ACCC. If the issue is not resolved, please report it to us and provide a copy of the advice you have received from the insurer.

people re-build & modify cars all the time, all across the country.
Even here in the Nanny State (WA), if you modify a vehicle (within limits) & you can get an Automotive Engineers Certification, then it can be licensed.
This includes all manner of changes ... engine, gearbox, brakes, suspension, steering, even the stretch Limo's.
I would of thought changing a steering wheel, & getting an AECert, would make it eligible for re-licencing!
After all, its only the wheel at the top, not the whole steering setup

Ded Driver said:
people re-build & modify cars all the time, all across the country.
Even here in the Nanny State (WA), if you modify a vehicle (within limits) & you can get an Automotive Engineers Certification, then it can be licensed.
This includes all manner of changes ... engine, gearbox, brakes, suspension, steering, even the stretch Limo's.
I would of thought changing a steering wheel, & getting an AECert, would make it eligible for re-licencing!
After all, its only the wheel at the top, not the whole steering setup

i agree with you mate

What happened to the good old days of wacking a boss kit and sports steering wheel 8.(

aussiefarmer said:
Put handle bars on it :perfect:
I found one with airbags cut out :p
1590103299_images-15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts