Wanted : 4"-6" DD coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day

I think the 6" dd is the smallest dd coil size you can get, the only ones for sale I have seen are the Detech ones listed on Ebay that will have the same plug as standard minelab pi machines so it should also run on the whites TDI, but you may want to question the seller and make sure it will still operate as a dd coil on the whites as it may just run possibly as a pseudo mono meaning that only one half of the coil will be working just like when you put a minelab pi into mono mode while you are running a dd coil?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Detech-...387128?hash=item365ef59678:g:XFUAAOSwdMheZ2h6

cheers

stayyerAU

Thanks StayyerAU. V good point !

Reg Sniff ( TDI SL US guru) says the TDI SL will run a DD and I have an old 350 DD Pro Coiltek and after reading your post I double checked the field on that coil on the SL & it detects on both sides of the centre line with the centreline more sensitive so I guess it is working as a proper DD.

Yeah not too many small DDs out there. There used to be smaller ones available, especially in USA. I am looking for something that ideally has a smaller effective footprint than my 8x6 Sadie ie <7" round.

If I cant find a v small DD I might have to go a Minelab 10 x 5 DD or that 8 DD Detech in your post.

If anyone has either of those second hand I would be interested.

Yeah, the 10x5" or 8" Detech are the smallest DD's I know of. The Detech 6" is mono only.

Hi XLOOX,
I know youre after a small DD, but I have a Razorback 5x10 mono and shaft which has good accessibility in tight terrain.
Are you after a DD for hotter ground?
If you are interested, make me an offer.
1589802252_2543b83c-84ce-43d8-9326-f385c21b66ea.jpg

Cheers Adrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts