Hello, a newb from Latrobe Valley, Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, a mate and I just got into prospecting, we bought a bag of pay dirt each online and used that to learn how to pan, withe help of YouTube, was stoked to get 0.7g out of it with one nice picker.
Anyway, we decided to venture up to Walhalla area on Sunday just gone to try our new found skills in the real world, only managed a few tiny specks but only spent a couple hours in a spot that we figured was a high traffic area as it was close to the town.
Next plan is to head further up into the high country to find somewhere that hasnt been over worked, only have pans and basic tools at this stage but we plan to get a river sluice and bait pumps once we start finding some.
Is all the streams up in the vic high country likely to have gold? I know to check the exempt river list, which takes out all the majors, but there is so many feeder creek/streams up there

Hi slowey welcome to the forum, i think you will find that walhalla is off limits,
As are most of the surrounding streams.
Jim