You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

goldierocks
01 November 2018 05:16 pm

HeadsUp wrote:

it wont run on Ipads yet and could be glitchy on Mozilla until July 22 but its all new . high resolution

have a play folks

http://nationalmap.nicta.com.au/

Seems quite glitchy on any browser, but no doubt will be sorted out (too many "cannot access data").

Huge number of layers, including mineral occurrences (eg by commodity type e.g. gold), geology etc. I suspect they will add more.

Robert Benchley...
I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Muddy
24 April 2019 11:06 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted but the site address has changed.

www.nationalmap.gov.au

2 users like this post: Mackka, CreviceSucker

Jaros
25 April 2019 09:29 am

Thanks Muddy.

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

Redfin
25 April 2019 10:52 am

Looked at my place in the GT using nationalmap and it is still showing a fence and trees that I got rid of about 7 years ago.
And a very low resolution as well.

Det used - Whites 6000D, ML SD2000, ML SD 2001, ML SD 2200D, Garrett Infinium. Minelab SDC 2300. Minelab GPZ 7000.
Current Det - Garrett ASD Groundhog. . Minelab GPX 5000. Minelab GPX 4500.

Blocker
25 April 2019 11:14 am

You're right Redfin very old images, and no street view.

Jaros
25 April 2019 11:24 am

Our place in East Brisbane is showing the the current roadworks approx 8mths out of date.

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

CreviceSucker
25 April 2019 11:06 pm

Rural and small town areas are slower to update the maps than city . Most mapping apps appear to have that data curve.

If it seems glitchy try the same thing on a computer that has a big graphics card , that might be your issue

Last edited by CreviceSucker (25 April 2019 11:07 pm)

Aussie_gold1
06 May 2020 12:49 pm

can you download this map so it can be used with a handheld gps?

CreviceSucker
07 May 2020 01:41 am

Aussie_gold1 wrote:

No it needs a network connection.

If you have something like a Panasonic Toughbook with GPS card option they will work provided you are in a network coverage area.

Some people use Motion X- HD on I-Phone or Ipad with GPS which gives multiple mapping layers but its heavy on battery consumption.

Aussie_gold1
08 May 2020 10:45 pm

CreviceSucker wrote:
Aussie_gold1 wrote:

If you have something like a Panasonic Toughbook with GPS card option they will work provided you are in a network coverage area.

Some people use Motion X- HD on I-Phone or Ipad with GPS which gives multiple mapping layers but its heavy on battery consumption.

i have found a couple of phone apps (not the motion X-HD) but didn't really want to use my phone. Is there a map that you can download to be used on a handheld GPS? pretty much everywhere i go there's no internet/reception

CreviceSucker
08 May 2020 11:59 pm

Aussie_gold1 wrote:
CreviceSucker wrote:
Aussie_gold1 wrote:

i have found a couple of phone apps (not the motion X-HD) but didn't really want to use my phone. Is there a map that you can download to be used on a handheld GPS? pretty much everywhere i go there's no internet/reception

You would have to check the specs for every handheld GPS , i think you are better off to use a device designed to store large capacity data files that also have live GPS , Android / I-Pad tablets , Toughbooks and Algiz 7 / 8 fit that bill.

The value in using the tablets is the amount of map layers that you can turn on / off.

Have you played with Google Earth when loaded with Australian Goldmine waypoints ? The waypoints can be downloaded into google earth from a post on this forum.

That can also be used on tablets or laptops and while the resolution is less than National.Maps , it is very useful for research and field mapping.

Aussie_gold1
12 May 2020 10:09 pm

CreviceSucker wrote:
Aussie_gold1 wrote:
CreviceSucker wrote:
Aussie_gold1 wrote:

You would have to check the specs for every handheld GPS , i think you are better off to use a device designed to store large capacity data files that also have live GPS , Android / I-Pad tablets , Toughbooks and Algiz 7 / 8 fit that bill.

The value in using the tablets is the amount of map layers that you can turn on / off.

Have you played with Google Earth when loaded with Australian Goldmine waypoints ? The waypoints can be downloaded into google earth from a post on this forum.

That can also be used on tablets or laptops and while the resolution is less than National.Maps , it is very useful for research and field mapping.

I cant remember if i have or not, so ill check it out. thanks cool pickshovel

Victorian Gold Fever
16 May 2020 05:58 pm

Thanks for the post mate looks very interesting big_smile

marcom
19 May 2020 01:53 am

Thanks for sharing the natmap link thumbsup

marcom
28 May 2020 01:17 am

Does anyone know if its possible to have the crown land / private land boundaries shown on the national map?
I am looking for something similar as on the geovic.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site