Minelab GP Extreme tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a half size 7ah 6V Gel Cell that was also half the weight of the standard "brick", which you can probably still get.
These were still good for around 9 hrs run time on a GP extreme.

PhaseTech said:
There was a half size 7ah 6V Gel Cell that was also half the weight of the standard "brick", which you can probably still get.
These were still good for around 9 hrs run time on a GP extreme.

Could you not run the GPS extreme off a standard 5.2V power bank ? It would be a hell of a weight saving.....

Voltage needs to be 6 - 6.9V. Slightly above 7 is okay, but no need to stress out components on an older machine.

Ok guys Ive got a GP Extreme with. 11 and 18 black GP Extreme coils, pretty sure they are good coils, but thinking of getting something new and updated, as everyone says stick to the DD coils, was thinking a Detech 15 ultimate spiral also a guy at the prospecting shop said 14 Coiltek elites so kinda stumped as Im Looking for just a good all rounder when I decide to upgrade, how would a Nugget Finder Evo go, not in a rush as Im still only getting out once a month, but planning a trip to Georgetown and wouldnt mind have a red hot go at it with the best chance at finding something

Cheers guys

Coiltek elite 14" is a mono, though coiltek make a 14" DD (goldstalker) damn good coil too, my old man runs the 14" Elite mono on his GP Extreme (in tracking) fixed can get iffy real noisy.

Don't have any experience with the detech 15" but plenty of reviews on youtube, though most are done using the gpx machines, looks good though.

Yeh one other bloke reckons he runs monos but think he was looking for a sale, But unsure do you know if the goldstaker 14 are still being made , yeh been hammering YouTube on detech, And pretty keen , The 14 elites go alright in tracking suspose can always sell it to my brother that got a 5000 hahah but will never get money of him haha, Suspose if running a mono in tracking works well might be ok, any work on how nugget finders go they seem to be a big rave these days

Gday

I found back when I had an extreme that the best all round coils for it was the Coiltek 14" round dd pro coil, minelab supergoldsearch 11" dd, coiltek 11" mono, and the minelab 8" supergoldsearch mono, using the dd coils in the hotter ground and the mono's when the ground conditions allowed.

The later flat wound coils are better used on the gpx machines, nuggetfinder evolution and coiltek elite etc, they say that they run on the Sd and Gp detectors and they will of course but they also state when ground conditions allow, so in some areas you may find them very difficult to use, I found the above coils worked best for me here in WA but also the later version coils were not available then either.

Best way to find out is to buy or borrow some coils and do your own testing in the field.

cheers

stayyerAU

I bought my goldstalker last year, i believe they're still being made. thought you may have to have one ordered in.

Thank stayyerAu every path leads to the DD might see if I can borrow a coiltek or NF and have a go didnt think about that, if not might fork out and get a detech, would rather have something thats not going to send my blood pressure up, Elijah thanks suspose Ill try email or ring coiltek and see what they say, cant hurt cheers guys

.....Hi, i know your post is old , but i am wanting to buy a gp1800 coil and just asking if you still have yours
and would you consider selling it . thx

Latest posts