Disaster Strikes! NOX coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evidently the tooth fairy wears clogs around here! ? ?
Anticipating an easing of the lockdown rules, I got the Nox out yesterday to give it a top up charge.

I sent up it up the corner of the spare room well out of the way and left it charging while I went outside to do some other jobs..

On checking it a couple of hours later, I could see the green charge light steady, so started to disconnect the charge lead only to have the coil fall off!

To say I was hoping mad would be an understatement..

Only two other people in the house at the time and both strenuously deny going near it...?

Now I know the coil lugs are very suspect, so I had bought one of those printed coil lug strengtheners off eBay, the sort you cable tie on..what ever had happened to the Nox had sheered not only the original lugs off but also the so called strengtheners as well..??

So evidently it must have been the tooth fairy, so short of waterboarding nobody else has owned up!

So now waiting on a replacement coil or repair :mad:

Not a happy bunny at all :mad: :mad:

Could'a been a criminal action designed to stop ya from detecting..... who knows how it happened, but one things for certain.... at some stage your nox grew wings (just couldn't take the in room cornering competently).
Wonder if it was sorta like a hammer throw crossed with blunt force trauma.... I'd make sure that lounge room door is locked properly next time..... and fix that drippy tap too
:perfect:

I have a Racer 2 also so will be able too get out until the problem is resolved....

I am very tempted to beef up the lugs myself when I get the coil back, but I am guessing that would probably invalidate the 3 year warranty?

The lugs on the Racer are better design and look quite a bit stronger than the Nox, but still nowhere near as sturdy as on some of the older machines..

The lugs seem to be a real weakness on a lot of modern machines which is annoying given how easy and cheaply the manufactors could improve them...

Latest posts