National High Resolution Mapping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rural and small town areas are slower to update the maps than city . Most mapping apps appear to have that data curve.

If it seems glitchy try the same thing on a computer that has a big graphics card , that might be your issue

Aussie_gold1 said:
can you download this map so it can be used with a handheld gps?

No it needs a network connection.

If you have something like a Panasonic Toughbook with GPS card option they will work provided you are in a network coverage area.

Some people use Motion X- HD on I-Phone or Ipad with GPS which gives multiple mapping layers but its heavy on battery consumption.

CreviceSucker said:
Aussie_gold1 said:

If you have something like a Panasonic Toughbook with GPS card option they will work provided you are in a network coverage area.

Some people use Motion X- HD on I-Phone or Ipad with GPS which gives multiple mapping layers but its heavy on battery consumption.

i have found a couple of phone apps (not the motion X-HD) but didn't really want to use my phone. Is there a map that you can download to be used on a handheld GPS? pretty much everywhere i go there's no internet/reception

Aussie_gold1 said:
CreviceSucker said:
Aussie_gold1 said:

i have found a couple of phone apps (not the motion X-HD) but didn't really want to use my phone. Is there a map that you can download to be used on a handheld GPS? pretty much everywhere i go there's no internet/reception

You would have to check the specs for every handheld GPS , i think you are better off to use a device designed to store large capacity data files that also have live GPS , Android / I-Pad tablets , Toughbooks and Algiz 7 / 8 fit that bill.

The value in using the tablets is the amount of map layers that you can turn on / off.

Have you played with Google Earth when loaded with Australian Goldmine waypoints ? The waypoints can be downloaded into google earth from a post on this forum.

That can also be used on tablets or laptops and while the resolution is less than National.Maps , it is very useful for research and field mapping.

CreviceSucker said:
Aussie_gold1 said:
CreviceSucker said:
Aussie_gold1 said:

You would have to check the specs for every handheld GPS , i think you are better off to use a device designed to store large capacity data files that also have live GPS , Android / I-Pad tablets , Toughbooks and Algiz 7 / 8 fit that bill.

The value in using the tablets is the amount of map layers that you can turn on / off.

Have you played with Google Earth when loaded with Australian Goldmine waypoints ? The waypoints can be downloaded into google earth from a post on this forum.

That can also be used on tablets or laptops and while the resolution is less than National.Maps , it is very useful for research and field mapping.

I cant remember if i have or not, so ill check it out. thanks :cool: :pickshovel:

Does anyone know if its possible to have the crown land / private land boundaries shown on the national map?
I am looking for something similar as on the geovic.

I just had a look at this map it is about 5 years behind.Just goingby the way my place is lots of changes

hey there looks like a really cool map just struggled to be able to get fossicking locations
any assistance would be greatly appreciated thanks