Getting a SDC2300?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much guys Ill let my mate know if he hasnt got one in the last 2 days since we spoke :Y:

HELP PLEASE - I am trying to use my 2300 under a house (1m max space tapering to 1/2m so crawling detecting) with wooden floor boards & electrical wiring running along the floor beams. The 2300 noise cancel/minimisation feature does not appear to be reducing the electrical interference from the house electrical wiring.
The house also has brick outer walls with many brick floor beam piers contaning steel brick ties!

Any suggestions on what I can do with the 2300 limited settings to give me the best chance of detecting coins in this hostile detecting environment?

cheers
Jed

Redfin said:
Turn the electricity off.

And check that the Sensitivity is set no higher than 2 (1 might be better).

1587786634_controls.jpg

Only rusty nails & bits of wire Redfin. Borrowed a mates Vanquish 540 Pro to see if it picks up something more valuable. Mate is on FIFO so he is not able to give me any using the Vanquish advice. Hoping someone on this forum is a Vanquish guru is I have any questions. Running the V in coin mode to start with.

Hey guys so recently i've shoved that much wanted SDC2300 on layby and i'm gonna be about half way paying it off this Saturday ahead of schedule... well it turns out i'm getting back a rather "large tax" plus my "advance" plus that $750 coronavirus payout..

In other words a lot of dosh coming in july...

I'm debating saving up and instead of picking up the SDC2300 like planned i'm thinking of getting the GPZ7000

I've got a lot of questions though

Are they easy to use for someone who is a begginer to intermediate with machines. familiar with an NOX800, GP3000, SD2100 and SD2200D and GPX4500

Are they as good as they claim?

Would i be wasting my money for someone who only heads out once every few months at a time for 3 days to 1 week at a time? (mor eenjoy the camping with a bit of side prospecting

And more of all importantly how deep do they perform on the stock coil cos theres no way i'd be able to afford anything to go with it!!!

Well, you could buy the sdc2300 and if you find enough gold with it buy the gpz.
It's half the price, but it's going to find more than half as much gold, unless you are incredibly lucky.

Perth Tim said:
Well, you could buy the sdc2300 and if you find enough gold with it buy the gpz.
It's half the price, but it's going to find more than half as much gold, unless you are incredibly lucky.

Nah honestly i've been thinking and to be honest you live once right? bugger it i'm saving up for that gpz hey

Hi Alienslayer,

I have the 7000 now for 2 years after using the SDC for 2 years and find it easy to use. I haven't changed the settings much since I first set it up. My wife has been using it for a few days now and has no problems with it, in fact I probably won't see it again and have to go back to the SDC.

Very user friendly and you don't have to keep adjusting it like some others. It handles the WA ground very well. No need to get any other coil as it does quite fine as it is. Our 7000 has been finding small nuggets that you would normally find with the SDC and will also find the bigger nuggets at depth. You will need a bigger pick.

I sold my boat so had the money and put it on the 7000. It has already paid me back plus more.

Cheers

Doug

I agree with Doug,

I upgraded from a 5000 to the 7000 & found it very easy to learn & use.

I wouldve bought the 7000 first up, but I was totally new to hobby & wasnt sure whether Id stick to it.

If you can afford it & know that youll get plenty of use out it, you wont regret buying a 7000. You will find bigger & deeper gold.

Best regards & good luck Mark

With hind sight, I should have bought the 7000 first up. But I'm not too cut up about it as it wasn't invented then.

Seriously though, it's a lot of cash to splash if your ground time is limited. As you said "more enjoy the camping with a bit of side prospecting" so the SDC as originally planned might be just as suitable.

I have owned one and never really settled in with it.
I found my GPX5000 and an Evo coil would find anything I walked over with the GPZ. I tested both at the same time.
If you have money to burn go the GPZ as they say it will punch deeper but I still reckon the 5000 is sniffing its shirt tails pretty closely.
Maybe the next GPZ will have a better screen readability for such a dear machine and a pivoting/tilting screen would take the neck pain away. IMHO

Good luck which ever way you jump.

GT :)

Latest posts