Latest on Mount Crawford S.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condor22

Mike
Reaction score
I phoned Forestry S.A. HQ this morning. The Mount Crawford camping areas of Rocky Paddock and Chalks will be reopening 01 June 2020. However there are changes.

Camping will be booked online, the online portal is yet to be released and I was told that it would be up and running prior to opening day.

Costs for camping will be same as last year, a map of the campground will be online specifying site numbers, so it's pick a site, book and pay online. Re prospecting, or should I say "Fossicking" to be precise, a 12 month permit can be bought, also online and this will give vehicular access via a combination padlock as before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As an aside, I also enquired re rules at Innes N.P. at the tip of the Yorke Pen. - Years ago generators were allowed at Pondalowie, that changed to Stenhouse Bay when Pondy was upgraded. Their response now, is NO gennys allowed anywhere in the park.

The other thing I was not aware of is - Again a few years ago, there were over a dozen free camping areas spread around the Yorke Coastal areas. They are now all under management by the Council and need to be booked and cost $10 per night for a permit, with no facilities. My response to both of these changes is - Their Loss, I'll find somewhere else to go. Wiki Camps show many other places around the State, with some facilities at between $7 & $10.

Latest posts