Reimbursement / Extension of yearly fossicking license QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseyPark62

Greg Kruckow
Reaction score
Not sure if this topic has been covered yet. The Qld government has all fossicking areas closed because of the coronavirus. You can still fossick on private land with land holder permission ( as long as travel distance is no more than 50 kms as of today .) The FNQ gold areas are up to 10 times that distance for most fossickers. I have just emailed DNRME (
[email protected] ) inquiring the possibility of reimbursement or an extension of last year's license. As the license is a legal document / requirement there has to be recompense due . Any other Qldr's have ideas on this issue ?

The fossicking areas are open as at 12.01am on 2/5/20, only issue now is cant travel more then 50km from home.

I went to mcmasters GPA yesterday, was so bloody good to get back into the bush even if it was only for a few hours

1588484140_5a80de3a-1437-4fe5-94d7-46e1793eef1d.jpg

just starting said:
You need a pass to drive the 4X4 on the beach ?
Yes mate in SE qld you need to pay for everything.
Just the bribie island pass alone is around $160 per year.

Some good news. MyMinesOnline emailed me and are happy to extend my fossicking license, just needed to send a photo of the license or evidence of payment. I did this - and am just waiting for definite confirmation . Should never count your chickens but ay. Hey Smoky bandit - contact who ever issues your beach pass. Maybe these govt departments have been told to be generous because of the circumstances. Election coming up shortly too.

JoseyPark62 said:
Some good news. MyMinesOnline emailed me and are happy to extend my fossicking license, just needed to send a photo of the license or evidence of payment. I did this - and am just waiting for definite confirmation . Should never count your chickens but ay. Hey Smoky bandit - contact who ever issues your beach pass. Maybe these govt departments have been told to be generous because of the circumstances. Election coming up shortly too.
Wow you had a win, awesome. :Y:
And so they should :Y:

Latest posts