Fake Fisher Gold Bug Pro detectors - be aware!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the early days fisher were very communicative and quick to answer my questions. The detectors I purchased from them many years ago are still in perfect working order and were my prime detectors for several years. The Gold bug Pro today for myself is an excellent gold and jewellery metal detector and is great on the beaches.
It is a shame that Fisher are not so forthcoming with help and advice these days.
Hear are a few pic's of my tecta internals for comparison to what you might think is a fake GB.

1588550946_rscn1202.jpg
1588550891_rscn1199.jpg

1588550808_rscn1200.jpg

Hi. Adrian. Tried to put a pic of my board in but still can't get it to work. Frustrating!!!, Anyway my board is identical to yours but for two things. My board name and number are printed on the board whereas yours appears to be a sticker on a component same as the type in the batt compartment. Other thing is different number on the board just at the sticky tape end. Bottom of your first picture. Apart from those two points looks exactly the same.

Try this to upload pic.

!. Click pic icon at top left of page.
2 Click "Choose Files"
3. Click "Look In" Down arrow.
4. Click "Removable Disc 1" or whichever of H,I,J, or K is your cam card. Or select pic from computer.
5. Double click on selected pic....Wait for it to upload.
6. Click "Insert Image.
7. Check Preview before finalising.

I'm using my windows phone. Procedure is.. I click the blue pic icon on the message page. Phone asks to browse. I pick a pic from the phone. Choose it. It ticks the image and deposits it in the browse position ready to upload. Hit upload. Says to wait might take a while. Finishes. Go back to site. No image.!! Similar setup t send a pic via email. Works ok with that but not with PA. :argh:

Sounds like there is another step in there somewhere.
The image is uploaded ready to be inserted to where you want it to go to.
Is there no "Insert image box?"

Just like grubstake shows. Browse is a box which fills with the image number when selected from photos in the phone. Then press Insert (only says insert not images).Message then confirms uploading be patient may take a while. When finished nothing appears in the upload screen. Just same stuff add more files. But no image ends up on the site 8.(

I'm guessing your images are larger than the 2024Kb limit and the error message is also off the side of your phone screen. Crop and/or shrink your pics below the maximum size and retry.

Don't think I can shrink em on the phone. Only crop. And I already did that. Prob have to transfer em to computer to reduce file size I'm thinking.

If the file is too large there will be an error message somewhere there....Also when you click Insert image the pic will display as a file number on your post, You then either click on Preview to check that all is ok before saving, and then click Save/submit and the image should appear on your post.

If I click on phone instead of photo the phone lists all the photos I have. They come up as only numbers in this page. It also lists the size of the image. That image is 229kb. Way short of 2024.kb When the upload of an image is finished the number of the chosen image vanishes and the page as in grubstakes example goes back to prepare for another image to be chosen. No error appears at all. And it stays on that page. Doesn't take me back to my message page. I have to reload it only to find there is nothing there. Don't understand it at all. Looks like its doing it but its not.

Beats me! What happens if you click on the off screen "Insert Image?"
Which phone do you have?

Windows Nokia\Microsoft phone. You have to click the insert image button after you have the pic in the browse file box. When I click the insert button the bar extends on the phone indicating its uploading. When finished the browse field is empty ready for another image. Tis a simple process. Just doesn't work for PA. To send an email with a pic is the same deal. Works fine for that.! Who Knows!!!!! :playful: :argh:

Talked to a Nokia bloke today and he said that the Nokia Windows Phones cannot send pics to an internet forum. Attach to emails only.