Builds by Baz - crevicing tools.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I leave you guys alone for a couple of days and look what you get up to!! :p

The red stuff for tools is called plastidip. Lots of foam cosplay artists use it to coat their foam armour. I've had mixed results with it - (cracking and peeling.)

Yes, coating or painting your tools is a personal preference.

It comes down to vigilance. I did lose a couple of tools and have found tools left behind by others. Now I am paranoid about it, so I always make sure it's in my bucket before I move on. If I'm in an area for a while, I pack up, centralise all my stuff on the bank then go for a bit of an emu-bob around to make sure I've left not trace nor tools.

Once you are in that habit, you'll find you won't lose stuff.

Baz.

P.S. I have a dozen crack-scratchers available if anyone wants one. https://shop.buildsbybaz.com/

1582585294_20200225_095832.jpg

LoneWolf said:
Moneybox said:
LoneWolf said:
Jemba said:
What I did was drill a small hole through the scraper where the stamp is, and put a wrist rope through the hole. The idea been the small cord rope slips over your wrist , making the scraper always at hand. Great when working under water making the scraper easy to find. :Y:

There is a Red plastic paint available from Bunnings that you dip your chosen tool into and it puts a nice layer of Plastic over it... Its a real bright red...

LW...

Does it hurt? :8

Don't know, ask the Bananas, it happened to them... :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...x-dipped_bananas_jpg_650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

LW...

and I thought it was lipstick :eek:

I was a bit surprised to read "closed at owner's request".

1583362967_bush_dunny.jpg

1583362998_corona.jpg

The first thought that came to mind was perhaps there's a corona virus risk if crack scratchers are shared. Imagine the legal ramifications for the manufacturer in the case of an outbreak :argh:

The thread is alive and well.

My thanks to the folks who have recently bought crack-scratchers from me. It's helping me to buy timber to build dividing timber walls in my shed, so I can continue with my, "other" projects...

XcHkXFh.jpg

Cheers!

Baz.

Just had a bit of a run on crack scratchers folks! Give me a couple of days to make some more! Thanks for your support! All the crack scratcher money is going towards timber to build the internal walls in my shed, so thank you.

Baz.