Highbanker I built

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
Just thought I would show you the highbanker I built 2 years ago.
Made of 2.5mm ally 1500mm x 300mm.

I have only used it in the field once as the weather turned crap for us up here once I had it done, even though I did not have enough water it caught 95% of the gold captured in the top catch try, I am pretty happy with that, but it is still under refinement.

I had access to a metal bender so was able to do the lot myself.
cheers
Lee

Hi All
Forgot to say that this was the very first test run, Yeah I know it is clogging did not have it set up right, water flow etc .
Cheers
Lee

Nice machine Lee. Is it for gold or more for gems? What do you use as a classifier? Interesting set up.

Nice build there Lee, and hope those rifles get choked with yellow. Good luck out there mate,

Cheers Wal.

hi

what made you go with that style of riffle and trap in the sluice ?

is it something you saw being used or did you just think you would give that a go ?

whats the thinking behind it ?

Hi
The system I copied of a bloke on another forum, the main idea is a series of catch trays, which enable you to clean out each section individually & to check during operation where the gold is catching ie if you start to get gold in the bottom tray, you need to clean out or change things.
You can do a quick check every 1/2 hour or so to see if you are still on "Gold"

This is a pic of the hopper, I need to change the dead spots that don't have holes!!!

If you have a close look you will see the section below the hopper is 2" higher than the main tray, this makes a bit of a waterfall affect & causes a really good vortex just before the first riffle & the gold gets held under the waterfall really well.

cheers
Lee

I love the way you folded the edge of the box, that allows for all sorts of modifications.

I especially like the idea of raising the hopper by simply using holes and a piece of pipe to adjust the angle.

looks like you really spent some time on that highbanker, nice fabrication hope you get on the gold mate thanks for sharing