WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,

That's great. I am always amazed at how people seem to draw positives out of negative events in their lives.

Life is about having a go no matter what life has dealt you!

Keep active, keep the brain working i.e. learning new things, solving puzzles/problems.

That's where Gold Gem and Treasure hunting nourishes the Human spirit and keeps you active.

Yeah mate best of luck to him, he deserves to find one, would add a lot of difficulty to the adventure.

I've got about 50% parallysis down my right side after having an AVM (similar to an aneurysm) removed from my brain, very lucky to still be walking, talking, breathing. Makes detecting and digging a little more difficult, though I took your advice Wal and Liz and gained a lot of inspiration from your vids and got out of the house, can't find bush treasure being a couch spud. Never been happier!!!

Just don't want to be in the water next to me when I'm rock hopping at GG, I stumbled and splashed water all over some poor bloke one time, then he tossed me a bomb Sapphire to look at which I butter fingerzed straight back into the creek. At least I make plenty of noise stumbling around to scare off any snakes. :D

Like Gold, inspiration is where you find it I think.

Good on you mate, and glad to hear the spirit is stronger than the body. Love to catch up one day and chuck you a sapphire bomb at GG to see if you're improving.. :D

All the best mate,

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal, I'm sure we'll catch up for a chat someday. I'm ok now, was 14 years ago, but took 5 years to recover the movement I've got, leg is ok, Right arm is the worst and fingers can still barely use them on that hand. Lost a bit of confidence in my ability but it's back in a big way. Plenty doing it much harder in many ways, much respect to them.

If you find a nice stone though wait till I'm sitting on the bank before passing it for a look. :)

This sort of thing helps me to keep my life in perspective!
I am currently recovering from an operation on my right thumb to help relieve the pain of Arthritis (of which I have quite a bit) & while I have been doing the right things by not doing too much & not driving (illegal with a cast or splint on your arm) I have been chomping on the bit to get out again. At least I can do so fairly easily thanks to painkillers.

It's the hardships in life thrown at us that eventually make us stronger. You don't appreciate what you have until the day you lose it, and for those who don't have a dream that's the end of the road. :(

Thanks so much guys (I've previously commented on the FB vid) I love the video as much as I love all your guys videos and actually being part of this one was so much fun as well. I agree with Brian and Wal, lifelong friendships forged and meeting so many members last trip to Nundle as well as this one, just fuels the fire even more.

I'm looking forward to the Easter outing and also those "in between" trips with some of you. It will be hard to beat this one but we can all make it better and better with each new trip.

Hats off to everyone :D

just watched the video of the weekend at Nundle, it was a great outing.Good to meet the gang from P.A.,a special thanks to nugget , also Wal & Liz for their generosity in sharing there knowledge.Looking forward to the next one.Well done Nugget...cheers gaz

hi guys...in a few weeks time ill be visiting the area and staying at the gemtree..will do a garnet tour, zircon tour and head off on my own for a couple of days...any advice on location? ive watched your fantastic video and im drooling to swing a pick or 5!

Send me a PM Nikos and i can give you some directions and advice on what you need to take with you,

Cheers Wal.

Great video Wal. It reminded me time when I was kid and we pan for bohemian garnets in the creek out of the Kolin. Those garnets are only small, nothing like once in your video . But they got beautiful blood red color. With those we sometimes found very small incredibly pretty gems, of the color that would be most similar to Belladonna Lily. I had asked around about them and my teacher told me they called hyacint gems. I have never seen one cut. I looked it up on Web and it is form of zircon. But the pictures of it on the Web were nothing like what we found. Have you or anyone else found zircon of that color?
Karl

G'day Karl,

Not sure exactly sure what colour you are describing...have you by chance got any you could post a pic of. Garnets come in a much larger variety of colours than zircons, but we certainly get some quite red zircons which can be confused with garnet.

Generally though most zircons are of a much lighter colour varying from clear to a pale red/orange.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts