Headphones or Earphones suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday everyone so Im looking at upgrading and chose the zx gold pro headphones

Can anyone tell me the tech specs difference between the 2 lots

Currently using koss ur30

1586944993_91f9f983-c7d3-49f2-8836-ca33759fae33.jpg

1586944993_4e2478dd-9f3a-456e-b71e-3cbe306df4fb.jpg

Hi guys. I dont doubt there are numerous posts here on this but my searches have not given me what im after, though I may have missed a reply on it.
What Im after is this. Are there any current headphones or systems that fit the following. No, have no interest at all in external set ups and wont contemplate using them ever.
Headphones that can equal Koss 30s for GPXs. Have tried numerous below the 30's ohms rating and they are garbage.
Have tried some similar like Grey Ghost but they are too expensive and I found the leads no better.
So, same crisp sound that picks up the faints like the 30's have, leads and connections that are tougher (wont contemplate the small to bigger plugs) but are at least the same price or cheaper. I will happily go and buy the Koss 30s again in a heartbeat, but if there are others that last better and or are cheaper but at least last the same then im open to that. So no twice the price, been there and not going there again, and no less sound or lifespan wise.
Is there anything?
Or, is there an alternative, wireless, same sound quality that I would give a look at even if they did cost some more, and tried and proven to at least match the Koss 30s?
Any input would be very much appreciated. :Y:

Leroy said:
Yes I agree,GOGS from Nenad
Another appreciated reply. Thanks. Now n then I might/ will go awol and seem like not noticing or appreciating replies, some I just totally miss, but I do appreciate any. If I miss any in the next few days and dont thank you its not because I am ignoring any, its because of my service where I am. So in advance and if in the next few days Im quiet, thats why and can be typical for several days where I live. Thanks in advance. :Y: Will look at all. :Y:

Hey JD3,

I've got and used the Koss 30's, Detecnicks wireless headphones, and just recently bought a pair of Grey Ghost Platinum NDT Headphones for my GPX4500.
I know the Grey Ghosts are expensive but in my opinion they are by far much more superior and worth every cent, the comfort and response from the 150 Ohm speakers as well as the noise limiter and individual vol controls on each ear means no more blasting my ears when the coil passes over a shallow bit of trash, yet the signal response on faint targets is great.

Hi,

Excuse me while I jump in and hijack this thread with a question please.

I've not heard of the Grey Ghost set before. While searching for info I read the following :

"Selector switch for metal detector compatibility with all single-output metal detectors without adapters".

I think I understand "single output" (gpx) as mono but "without adaptors" - if you would help me with what this means?

Thanks.
stevewilko

stevewilko said:
Excuse me while I jump in and hijack this thread with a question please.
I've not heard of the Grey Ghost set before. While searching for info I read the following :
"Selector switch for metal detector compatibility with all single-output metal detectors without adapters".
I think I understand "single output" (gpx) as mono but "without adaptors" - if you would help me with what this means?

The headphones are adaptable to either mono or stereo-wired sockets by just flipping the switch.

Thanks for that above,
A thought came to mind;

Does the use of a quality signal enhancer override the need to purchase a more expensive set of headphones?

Thanks all, appreciate your help.
wilko

If the enhancer is used to increase the frequency range you might be having trouble hearing then I would say yes otherwise you could be missing out on some good targets.

Thanks Jaros, but no, purely audio signal enhancer/enhancement.
Frequency range I would manage from rear panel according to coil.
Suffice to say it would be best to have quality sound via the headphones above the two . .
Cheers now..
stevewilko

JD3 said:
Hi guys. I dont doubt there are numerous posts here on this but my searches have not given me what im after, though I may have missed a reply on it.
What Im after is this. Are there any current headphones or systems that fit the following. No, have no interest at all in external set ups and wont contemplate using them ever.
Headphones that can equal Koss 30s for GPXs. Have tried numerous below the 30's ohms rating and they are garbage.
Have tried some similar like Grey Ghost but they are too expensive and I found the leads no better.
So, same crisp sound that picks up the faints like the 30's have, leads and connections that are tougher (wont contemplate the small to bigger plugs) but are at least the same price or cheaper. I will happily go and buy the Koss 30s again in a heartbeat, but if there are others that last better and or are cheaper but at least last the same then im open to that. So no twice the price, been there and not going there again, and no less sound or lifespan wise.
Is there anything?
Or, is there an alternative, wireless, same sound quality that I would give a look at even if they did cost some more, and tried and proven to at least match the Koss 30s?
Any input would be very much appreciated. :Y:

Generally speaking quality and cheap don't go together. There are usually some compromises, but bargains can be found, usually if you veer away from the known brand names.
In order to recommend something, I'd first ask you a few questions:

1. Do you like the cup size of the UR30?
2. Do you like the clamping pressure of the UR30?
3. Would you prefer something that blocks outside noise better than the UR30?
4. Do you use a booster/enhancer, or just plug straight into the GPX battery?

Cheers, Nenad

Latest posts