Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a blatant rippoff!!
they are basically admitting to stealing Minelab technology! "Technology: MPS, DVT&SETA"
but the 'type of metal can be identified' bit pretty much indicates its a VLF inside, IF it can actually discriminate.
This extract from just 1 of the eBay listings

GFX7000 Gold Silver Copper Mining Finder Long Range Underground Metal Detector
Product Description
GFX7000 is a high performance metal detector, the sensitivity and stability of GFX7000 enjoy the highest level among this type products. In addition, The most prominent characteristics is that the type of metal can be identified, allowing you to easily find the available metal objects, which is the functions that other similar products are not available. You can go to more places to start treasure-hunting activities, search for coins, jewelry, gold and silver.
Main feature:
1. Adopting international advanced technology, make GFX7000 can find more gold than any other metal detectors.
2. Improved new electronics, make machine have stronger penetration and depth advantage
3. LCD display for metal type message under discrimination mode.
4. Apart from the LCD screen panel, it can be recognized the metal type through the tune.
5. With 11 inch super high detecting coil, it can improve the detecting sensitivity, double design on the detecting coil, it's very suitable to horizontal pushing operation on the desert.
6. Better stability, less fault alarm, so can precise detect metals underground. It is most popular gold detector.
7. Equipped with big capacity Li-ion battery, low battery indication, so it can work long time continously.
8. With headphone, so others persons won't listen to sound except detector when detect metals.
9. Fit for kinds of soil

Technical parameters:
1. Technology: MPS, DVT&SETA
2. Frequency/Transmission: Bi-Level, Advanced Pulse Induction
3. Coil (standard): 11" double coils
4. Audio Output: 6.35mm(1/4")headphone/speaker jack.
5. External headphones feature advanced adjustable headphones
6. Visual Display: 64 x 128 pixels, transflective with backlight.
7. Sensitivity Adjust: Rx Gain 1 to 20.
8. Tune / Noise Cancel: Automatic & Manual 0 to 255.
9. Battery: Lithium-ion rechargeable battery 68Wh. Approx. 8-12 Hours use.
10. Length: 1100mm(43.3")to 1300mm (51.2").
11. Weight: 2.4kg (5.3lbs) including 11"
12. Delivery Weight: 10.5kg/PCS
13.Detection frequency 465KHZ
14.Headphone frequency 452KHZ
15.Power 0.5 W
16.Working temperature of 12 ~ 60
17.Storage temperature - 28 ~ 65
18.Detection mode digital pulse ground balance/recognition mode

aussiefarmer said:
Pos....

Gpx in shape

Borrowed the 7000 to get you keen

The should have called it a POS700000 :poop: :poop: :poop:
I suspect this is a stolen GPX4000, GPX4500 or GPX5000.
Everything about it is Minelab, even the auto tracking lead is plugged in. The only difference is the paint job.
I still think Minelab should have a look.

nope...you don't steal a Ferrari and paint it up like a Nissan Pulsar and then try and flog it off as Lamborghini.

The guts would be entirely different too.

What MineLab need to do is to sue the Chinese makers for Patent violations in a Chinese Court of Law.

When they win the chinese manufactures will not be able to make these copies and damages may be payable

The precedent has already been set in China by an Australian Company. Lucas Mill, that sued a Chinese Company, possibly Alibaba?, and won

here is the link the their story

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09...ght-to-stop-chinese-copies-of-sawmill/7848394

A successful result would protect Minelab and their buyers from the fakes currently infesting the market.

Peko said:
I dont see how you can call it a fake,it is a genuine GFX-7000,there is no mention of it being or claiming to be any other brand,just because it looks like another detector
Unless it's a stolen Minelab. could get interesting.

Peko said:
I dont see how you can call it a fake,it is a genuine GFX-7000,there is no mention of it being or claiming to be any other brand,just because it looks like another detector
IMO these would have started life as fakes/copies of Minelab GPX's but the company were stopped so how do you get rid of 1000's of blanks & associated parts - paint & rebadge to try & remove them from Minelabs notice. A few of these sellers have been caught in Saudi Arabia I believe but most just pop up somewhere else doing the same thing. This was just a new tactic.
They still try to sell them by stating/claiming that they contain Minelab patented technology like MPS, DVT & SETA. I think the MPS patent may have lapsed but pretty sure DVT & SETA are current & would be illegal if indeed they do contain those technologies or it was attempted to be copied.
I had read that there were some machines coming out of China that did indeed contain the right PI components but lacked the correct software to enable proper ground balancing. It's a bit of a lottery you might get a PI that won't ground balance properly or a cheap 6khz VLF or a box of bits that do little other than illuminate the fake screen.

Another fake.
Anyone seen these? Some will fall for it.
LOOKS LIKE THIS ONE COMES OUT OF AMERICA (MAYBE)

1586583988_bb.jpg

1586584026_ac.jpg

1586584052_ab.jpg

Nothing will change it's here to stay no matter who makes the fakes if China stops someone else will start. The best thing about it is I won't be getting ripped off research = :power: & :beer: at the end of the day.

we know these fakes are just cheap VLFs, & the specs give it away :awful:

Specification:
Detecting depth: 3-5m (according to different metal volume can reach different depth, usually we use 60*60*1cm iron plate as standard.)
Signal Frequency: 9.6KHZ.
Audio Frequency:400HZ
Power supply: DC12V(Built-in rechargeable battery)

Just received this email.

Changed my paypal password yesterday.

I just had a look. This bloke is based in Burkina Faso. Not selling any other items..

1586657606_kk.jpg

Latest posts