Coiltek 14" Mono Elite Coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
Good one. I'm eager to see what they are capable of as well. Will be testing against the old faithful 15x12" mono.
How did it compare to the 15x12 mono? I've been using the 15x12 a bit lately on the 5000, thinking about getting a 14" mono elite but if there's not much difference it might not be worth it. Also how would it compare to the coiltek 18" round mono goldstalker? I have one of these too but haven't used it a lot yet.

I got to run my new Elite 14" for a couple days in the gold fields in June before getting rained out, no gold yet but its a super coil its not coming off my detector any time soon, we did some extensive tests in ground near camp one afternoon with a 3500, 4000, 5000 and the Elite, it appears the Elite is about 15% better than the 15x12 Minelab coil. It goes deep on gram size nuggets. Our findings anyway, others may vary. Headed back to the gold fields in a few weeks will report further after that.

Between being sick with the flu, crappy weather, and busy with training sessions, I've hardly been out of late. From my initial comparison against the 15x12, I'd say about 15% better is pretty well on the money.

Just thought I would share my finds from Tibooburra last week all found with a 4500 and the new Camo 14 inch
1443150433_image.jpg

From the other thread:

OldGT said:
Agree with Old Hand here, I ran an elite 14 inch on my 3000, but youll suffer with charcoal, red clays and ground noise much more running a mono on the 3000. The elite though did make small shallow gold come through with a brighter signal but the background ground noise was difficult to listen to over an extended time.

This advice is spot on. Even standard mono's can be difficult to use on the GP series, so a more sensitive flat/spiral mono is only going to be worse. I used to do really well with 11" Monos on the GP series machines, but only on the deep lead heaps. On general ground, surfacing, virgin areas, slopes etc. DD's were the go. 11" Minelabs, 14" Coilteks, 16" NF, 18" Minelab's all worked great. The 15x12" Commander DD was/is the best compromise between depth/sensitivity in my opinion, and works great in the Mono position.

I've run a 14" coiltek DD for years on my GP Extreme, brilliant coil found a some nice gold with it too, actually PhaseTech (Nenad) recommended it to me about 3-4 years back..

anyway GL with whatever you decided.

Latest posts