New to Metal Detecting @ Mount Morgan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If anyone around the area is keen to team up for a trip let me know. I'm having trouble finding anything of value. Does anyone know if there a gold nuggets around Mount Morgan?? And the exact location of Peter's Rush on the Dee river.
Thanks! :)

Welcome mate,
I'm down in the poon and a few of us get out that way semi regularly although we mostly shoot coins and relic stuff around the place.

Drop me a PM sometime and we'll catch up for a hunt.

Clegy

G'day HausofPhoenix,
Not long had my garrett 250 tector and pulled up 13 bucks and a crap load of junk. Would love to have a pan and even get into sluicing but have no idea really. In Gracemere so Mt Morgan not far away at all. Anyhow anyone welcome to msg me as getting out in it is half the fun!
Hooroo

HausofPhoenix said:
If anyone around the area is keen to team up for a trip let me know. I'm having trouble finding anything of value. Does anyone know if there a gold nuggets around Mount Morgan?? And the exact location of Peter's Rush on the Dee river.
Thanks! :)

Hi
Just seeing if you are still detecting in the Rockhampton area?
And looking for someone to go with
Thanks John

Hey Haus, not sure if you're still following this one or ever found out but it looks like Peters Rush (referring to MinRes) is between Struck Oil and Bouldy and looks like its in the Bouldy gorge area. Look for Mountain Hideaway Road on the lower right of this map. The bloke who would know is Bruce Heiser who authored the book Tempting Dame Fortune about the Dee rush. I've been meaning to reach out to him whilst reading the book.
1632628628_screen-shot-2021-09-26-at-1.34.59-pm.jpg

Latest posts