⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Wally. The challenges of dealing with something created in nature. That's why at this stage I prefer natural stones. Every one is unique in some special way.

A little free-form party sapphire emerged from isolation today :party:
1586395284_82cf54bd-c396-4dd4-9408-ceebce4a5b29.jpg

A curly question for the stone cutters,to cut or not to cut
Not sure what it is at the moment, i think it is quartz,i have not done a sg yet, but found it in the local river about 18 months ago when collecting some agate,the things you find in the shed when you do a isolation clean up :lol:
It has purple rutile through the whole stone ,but really comes out to play with a torch on it (camera would not take a photo with the torch on it :mad: ) it has one dimple on the bum and i don't think there are any cracks in it,(not that i would no anyway :8 )
1586409409_img_0108.jpg

1586409456_img_0106.jpg

Very pretty little pebble, if I had this I would first do a polish in a tumbler so I could really see what's inside. In the bottom photo, apart from the rutile I'm seeing what could be a crack just above your thumb, I think it would be more interesting polished than faceted as the scintillation once faceted could mask the interesting inclusions.

Polishing facets with rutile breakouts can be very challenging as scratches can sometimes emanate from the inclusions.

Thanks dihuski ,i have ran it in the tumbler to give it a good clean, i have a drum set aside for cleaning only, it has a nice river polish on it ,i might do what wally said ,it will be another isolation job one day :Y:

sand surfer said:
Thanks dihuski ,i have ran it in the tumbler to give it a good clean, i have a drum set aside for cleaning only, it has a nice river polish on it ,i might do what wally said ,it will be another isolation job one day :Y:

Chuck it back in with some Cerium and bulking material,think it will look amazing after a week or so :eek: :inlove:

Dihusky said:
sand surfer said:

Chuck it back in with some Cerium and bulking material,think it will look amazing after a week or so :eek: :inlove:

Got to unpack it all dihuski,packed it all up to do the harold holt when the fires were here,got a few other jobs on the line first , got to get the sheds sorted out then get myself sorted out ,that ones gunna take some time :lol:

A nother 2 weeks of isolation and 5 boxes of soothing liquid i should be nearly there :)

I thought Id share these shots as my wife bought me a little clip on micro lenses for my iPhone and it doesnt do a bad job. These are from the top stone in the above photo.
Maybe we should start a new topic on Including the inclusions for all the interesting stuff that goes on inside gemstones?

1589012520_bdfbba2d-3647-40ba-ba7f-7db4251864cb.jpg

1589012521_59a5b653-4b63-4646-bf6a-be99a07b8b62.jpg