New Milwaukee 3600w/1800w Power supply

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Ridge Runner said:
Just found this new power pack that is coming out in 2020 looks like it could be useful,

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Equipment/Power-Supply/MXF002#s-Specifications

You Da Man :) :Y: I'll be investing in one of these :perfect: every tool in my shed is Red :power: :beer: I'm excited.

Yeah RM I think I might have to grab one too, I like it, it will run a microwave 40 times, I love my Camo Genny and the Dometic PLB 40's ive got but this Milwaukee is a must have Item :Y:

J.

EDIT:- I just realized that 3600w is equal to 281 Ah. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

That would run a fridge for 3 or 4 days even in 40*C +

PabloP said:
I can only find a 110v version. Anyone see any ads/info for 240 volt??

Rob P.

You will have to ask the Dealers about them but they should be 230/240v when they come here and to Australia, Or maybe they work on 100 to 240v like the fridges do, ??

J.

Interesting, when you're on the road how are you going to charge it? Needs 240v so you'll still need solar and an inverter. I can definitely see its worthiness for remote power on work sites, but camping not so sure.

Ridge Runner said:
Yeah RM I think I might have to grab one too, I like it, it will run a microwave 40 times, I love my Camo Genny and the Dometic PLB 40's ive got but this Milwaukee is a must have Item :Y:

J.

EDIT:- I just realized that 3600w is equal to 281 Ah. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

3600w means it can (allegedly) supply 3600 watts of power. It shows also 3600w/1800w Which I would assume is it's surge power rating and it's constant power rating. (of it's internal inverter)
These types of inverters are high frequency and have VERY little surge capability, literally split second (for most) surge then back to std power output.
The only way to get good surge ability is to use a low frequency type with a bloody big and heavy transformer.

3600w has absolutely nothing to do with Ah. Amp hours is the amount of power supplied over a certain time, commonly used to calculate how much energy is stored in a battery.

Basically this is a small high frequency inverter with removable battery packs.

Occasional_panner said:
Ridge Runner said:

J.

3600w means it can (allegedly) supply 3600 watts of power. It shows also 3600w/1800w Which I would assume is it's surge power rating and it's constant power rating. (of it's internal inverter)
These types of inverters are high frequency and have VERY little surge capability, literally split second (for most) surge then back to std power output.
The only way to get good surge ability is to use a low frequency type with a bloody big and heavy transformer.

3600w has absolutely nothing to do with Ah. Amp hours is the amount of power supplied over a certain time, commonly used to calculate how much energy is stored in a battery.

Basically this is a small high frequency inverter with removable battery packs.

The power is based on what Ah/Wh Batteries you put on it, they claim it will supply enough power to cut over 1200 4x2's in a Day that's way more than most Chippies can fix in a day So it must have some power to be able to do that.

Dihusky said:
Interesting, when you're on the road how are you going to charge it? Needs 240v so you'll still need solar and an inverter. I can definitely see its worthiness for remote power on work sites, but camping not so sure.

Well they say it can be charged in 90 minutes I am not sure if it has a 12v IN socket but if not a small 150/300w inverter plugged in to the Cigar socket should work well enough, other than that it can always be plugged in to a petrol powered Generator,

Ridge Runner said:

You're not grasping the basics of how you measure power.

3600w does not equal 281Ah.

Lets say a kettle draws 2000 watts, you can't correlate that to Amp hours, they are two entirely different measurements.

Latest posts