You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Bjay
26 March 2020 12:22 pm

Well I’m not so sure about honourably. playful
Anyway I’m just grateful to still have a job to go to and have plenty to do around home. My decision Is probably purely for selfish reasons to try and protect my family as everyone would. If my old man gets it he has 100% chance of not making it and I’d give my mom and mother in-law maybe 80% . So please think about your plans good people.

5 users like this post: Booney, Goldchaser1, Wishfull, diggit, goody2shoes

OldGT
26 March 2020 01:28 pm

Haha by the time we all get released the forests will be locked up anyway.

Anywhere you can go to not have to listen to crazy talk over the virus and be around less people seems like a good idea.

Yes you can go get a haircut, but no you cant be alone in the scrub. Good one Corona, havent seen this level of crazy since the mining protests in Melbourne.

Last edited by OldGT (26 March 2020 01:29 pm)

1 user likes this post: sulphide

RM Outback
26 March 2020 02:43 pm

madtuna wrote:

While it might be perfectly safe, the trouble is if you're spotted or the wrong people read it on a forum it gets translated as "PROSPECTORS couldn't give a sh!t and are flouting the lockdown"

Couldn't agree more, who ever says their going can go and get stuffed. There are a lot of people over the last 40 years who have Volunteered a lot of their time for us to enjoy what we have today. If you wish to be so selfish and single bloody minded don't bother interacting with me, period.

Last edited by RM Outback (26 March 2020 02:44 pm)

4 users like this post: aussiefarmer, Eluvial, Rockwall, Eldorado

sulphide
26 March 2020 03:40 pm

What do we have today, we are going to be locked out of the majority of the bush already. By the time they finish bringing in a raft of laws over this carefully planned pandemic, we will be in a total dictatorship. You can get your hair cut, but not go to an isolated part of the bush, sounds like bullshit to me.

2 users like this post: Anniegee, Aussiedigs

diggin4gold
26 March 2020 03:55 pm

1585198479__20200326_155217.jpg

Maybe there won't be any dictatorship after this! poop

12 users like this post: Jaros, Anniegee, aussiefarmer, RM Outback, BigWave, PabloP, lordo.1, Eldorado, goody2shoes, maxwell4, sand surfer, Gem in I

BigWave
26 March 2020 04:03 pm

You're right Rob.
There's also townies coming into the city for shopping (according to men's shop in Myer - Eastland), then returning.
They're doing it to their own folk. Damn selfish and stupid!

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

5 users like this post: goody2shoes, RM Outback, Rockwall, Bjay, sand surfer

Swinging & digging
26 March 2020 06:12 pm

Mayor of Ballarat on the Radio today, they don't want people from Melbourne visiting.
There are a few rural areas in Victoria with no cases of the virus, i suspect they are trying to keep it that way.

3 users like this post: RM Outback, Rockwall, Bjay

OldGT
26 March 2020 06:12 pm

RM Outback wrote:
madtuna wrote:

While it might be perfectly safe, the trouble is if you're spotted or the wrong people read it on a forum it gets translated as "PROSPECTORS couldn't give a sh!t and are flouting the lockdown"

Couldn't agree more, who ever says their going can go and get stuffed. There are a lot of people over the last 40 years who have Volunteered a lot of their time for us to enjoy what we have today. If you wish to be so selfish and single bloody minded don't bother interacting with me, period.

In fairness I see the point everyone on that side of the fence is making. Peoples lives and livelihoods are at stake, and some well intentioned escapade into the wild is a bad look at best and can make a situation worse than it already is.

Just getting out and about on my commute and strictly to the supermarket theres been dozens of examples Ive watched of people just completely and utterly ignoring all precautionary measures and if Im honest it does seem like a bloody good idea to get out of dodge and spend time away from it all. I really cant be angry at anyone suggesting it as an alternative in the face of complete and utter ignorance that Ive seen going on.

Mrs GT had a major surgery cancelled because of this mess, was due to be put under at 7.30 am today, 13 days shes been locked inside with us taking every precaution to avoid any bad outcome, so I can get a bit angry about it too.

In spite of that Im trying to keep in mind we all go to dig deep to show a bit of tolerance and compassion to each other in our thoughts and deeds thumbsup

6 users like this post: RM Outback, BigWave, sand surfer, goody2shoes, Bjay, just starting

Swinging & digging
26 March 2020 06:15 pm

Last night i lost $60,000 - $80,000 in a property sale thanks to the virus.
My future retirement savings have been slashed and burnt to a cinder thanks to this virus.
A lot of people have been effected really badly by this and its not over yet. skull

5 users like this post: RM Outback, BigWave, goody2shoes, Bjay, sand surfer

RM Outback
26 March 2020 06:48 pm

Swinging & digging wrote:

Last night i lost $60,000 - $80,000 in a property sale thanks to the virus.
My future retirement savings have been slashed and burnt to a cinder thanks to this virus.
A lot of people have been effected really badly by this and its not over yet. skull

Sorry to hear that S&D it's unfortunately going to be a while before anything is close to what we term as normal. If you or anyone for that matter hits rock bottom send me a pm I'll help in any way I can.

No need to feel ashamed to ask for help we're all in this together and life is very disjointed. At this point I can offer help who knows I might be in a similar situation before I know it nonetheless I'll do what I can if asked.
This is a great forum and the more we help each other in these times the stronger we will be coming out the other side.

2 users like this post: goody2shoes, Billy

just starting
26 March 2020 07:07 pm

No camping in parks .

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/669 … /?cs=17267

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Hard Luck
26 March 2020 07:22 pm

just starting wrote:

"Parks Victoria has made the decision to shut all designated campgrounds and accommodation throughout all parks and reserves across Victoria indefinitely.

The closures include campsites at a number of State parks in the region, such as Creswick, Buangor, Lerdederg and Enfield.

Designated campgrounds are any sites that have infrastructure such as toilets, fire pits or barbecues."

So does that mean you can still camp out in undesignated areas?
We need clarification.

"Courage and Patience"
My Mothers Daily Chant

xcvator
26 March 2020 07:27 pm

just starting wrote:

No camping, but you can have 2000000000 day visitors ops

just starting
26 March 2020 07:28 pm

Crazy ,isn`t it ?

RM Outback
26 March 2020 07:28 pm

Hard Luck wrote:

So does that mean you can still camp out in undesignated areas?
We need clarification.

Your right it does need clarifying, the best way and the only way is get on the DEWLP site and learn it from the horses mouth. Too many ambiguous interpretations only cause more confusion.

What I find really hard to understand is why the question regarding the ability to camp or day trip to the goldfields is being asked in the first place. Every on earth with half a brain knows we're dealing with a pandemic neutral and the plain and simple message is stay at your primary place of residence and only travel for necessary reasons NOT TO GO F%) & ING prospecting.

Last edited by RM Outback (26 March 2020 07:43 pm)

9 users like this post: Hard Luck, xcvator, Eluvial, Rockwall, mbasko, sand surfer, Eldorado, goody2shoes, Billy

Swinging & digging
26 March 2020 08:13 pm

We are currently stage 1 and going to stage 3 at some stage 3 is Higher restriction level.

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

limpalot
26 March 2020 08:17 pm

Only takes one person to wipe out a small community, and they do not have the resources that the city folk have; so stay at home. Hard times, but we have to do it.

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan, 2008 - minelab 4500, SPO1, Makro Gold Kruzer

7 users like this post: Rockwall, RM Outback, sand surfer, Eldorado, goody2shoes, diggit, Bjay

Rockwall
26 March 2020 08:33 pm

limpalot wrote:

Only takes one person to wipe out a small community, and they do not have the resources that the city folk have; so stay at home. Hard times, but we have to do it.

And that is the reason why these rules are being made. How many of the smaller towns have ICU beds with ventilators? You leave home feeling ok but come down with it out bush, who do you expect to save the day if it is a bad dose? You have an accident, twist an ankle or something, but thats ok , just go and tie up the meagre resources that are available!!!! Don't be so selfish, stay home..

7 users like this post: RM Outback, mbasko, sand surfer, Eldorado, goody2shoes, diggit, Bjay

Swinging & digging
26 March 2020 08:42 pm

Not to mention as things get worse lets say your on your way to the goldfields and have a serious car accident and need hospitalisation for very serous injuries?
If your car breaks down and you need to catch a train or taxi home, minimise transmission as much as possible.

This is a global crisis thats getting worse very quickly, every person is been asked to make very big sacrifices.
i have two elderly members in my family who are considered high risk should they get infected.

Lost my Mother in December 2019 thanks to Dementia taking her away from us. cry

Last edited by Swinging & digging (26 March 2020 09:19 pm)

5 users like this post: RM Outback, mbasko, Rockwall, goody2shoes, Bjay

Hard Luck
26 March 2020 09:06 pm

1585217175_5adfb6b9b45fe8ba52aee41b28dff2c9.jpg

"Courage and Patience"
My Mothers Daily Chant

7 users like this post: RM Outback, aussiefarmer, sand surfer, goody2shoes, Anniegee, lordo.1, Gem in I

Hard Luck
26 March 2020 09:19 pm

Well I got a house to go to this weekend in central vic..promise i wont go into the bush.

"Courage and Patience"
My Mothers Daily Chant

just starting
26 March 2020 09:27 pm

limpalot wrote:

I`m onto it , Limpalot.

As of tomorrow night , i am on holidays . I had planned to go in late May ,but brought them forward to take myself out of the game and make myself one less body in the workplace to either transmit or receive the virus or any germs going around. I don`t intend on going into town and have enough supplies for at least 2 to 3 weeks and will only go to local country towns to stock up ,if need be. I`m staying home and not wandering around anywhere . Self isolation .

6 users like this post: sand surfer, RM Outback, Rockhunter62, sulphide, goody2shoes, Bjay

mbasko
26 March 2020 10:36 pm

If you think we are in lockdown now then some will be in for a rude shock.
At the moment we're being asked to stay home as much as possible, don't congregate unnecessarily, maintain social distancing if you do need to go out or to work & to not undertake any unnecessary travel. Pretty simple!
Going fossicking/prospecting at the moment - unnecessary. All leisure/social activity travel - unnecessary.
Going to the Supermarket to get food/supplies - necessary. Going to an important medical appointment - necessary. Going to work for some at the moment - necessary.
Nobody likes it but it's not rocket science.
Unfortunately the necessary activities are also the least fun & most risky.

IMO the stages have been put in place in an effort to reduce the shock of these changes to our lives/lifestyles & also to put some trust in us - the community.
The shenanigans the other weekend i.e. Bondi Beach etc. forced us into a harsher stage.
Unfortunately the Government doesn't have time to delineate between what activities should be allowed or not, or if travelling somewhere for bush solitude is safe, or if country people can do things but city people can't etc. so they've asked us ALL to just not do a few very simple things. Don't travel unnecessarily. Some very good reasons have been highlighted above no matter how safe you think you are or will be - shite happens at the worst possible times.

When people won't do what we're being asked then harsher controls/restrictions will be placed on us. All of us. Everywhere.
Keep travelling to go prospecting or other social/leisure etc. & we'll soon see what restrictions come next.
Designated shopping days/times, total lockdown & all non essential businesses closed. This will lead to even more economic hardship.

It's funny how things roll.
Some of us that have come across as "relaxed" about this virus are for toeing the line while some that have seemed to be consumed by fear/anxiety of the virus on other threads don't care if people travel. Go figure?

For the record putting some sensible things in place & placing sensible concerns around what's happening but not letting fear/anxiety consume you is a long way removed from being "relaxed". wink

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

10 users like this post: RM Outback, Rockwall, Eluvial, goody2shoes, Billy, diggit, Bjay, Hard Luck, Just a Dash, sand surfer

RM Outback
26 March 2020 10:49 pm

Hard Luck wrote:

Well I got a house to go to this weekend in central vic..promise i wont go into the bush.

Really hmm

Cleopatra
26 March 2020 11:10 pm

Swinging & digging wrote:

Word out of PMAV its official we are prohibited from accessing Public land from Prospecting Statewide.

To PMAV Melbourne Branch Members

Following up on our previous email the Government have now regulated that use of parks is now banned. I suggested in might be good to go detectoring. This new rule means we can't do this.
All we can do now is stay at home and abide by the rules.
When this has changed. We can maybe get back to normal living that we enjoyed.

Mike Phillips (President PMAV Melb Branch

You can go to a private land detecting. Forget the parks, they will be off limit to people for good.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site