You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#1

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
24 March 2020 03:51 pm

Hey all, I've been running the same GP extreme for about 6 years, and while i've found a bunch of gold with it, lately I'm noticing my hunting partner with his GP 3500 modified unit, icking up gold covering the same ground I've just been over, getting a bit frustrating.

So I'm considering stepping up to the 4000, What are you thoughts on this machine? I've sourced a couple for between $2200-2400..

Good price? is it a worth while upgrade? Can't really swing the funds for a 4500,5000 so ..

Any insight would be much appreciated..

#2

lordo.1
Member
From: , VIC
Joined: 05 June 2016
Posts: 165
Member
24 March 2020 04:51 pm

Elijah
I own a 4000 and think their a good machine,the price your looking at would in my opinion be in the ball park should have stock standard stuff,but one would expect extras maybe extra coils ,should have two batteries.Basically everthing you need to go detecting,if you cant stretch the funds for a 4500 ,the 4000 will do the job .Go for it.


If Things Dont Change They"ll Stay The Same

#3

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
24 March 2020 05:11 pm

lordo.1 wrote:

Elijah
I own a 4000 and think their a good machine,the price your looking at would in my opinion be in the ball park should have stock standard stuff,but one would expect extras maybe extra coils ,should have two batteries.Basically everthing you need to go detecting,if you cant stretch the funds for a 4500 ,the 4000 will do the job .Go for it.

lordo.1,

Thanks for the reply, I've got some wiggle room in budget, but not too much, hopefully i can find a 4000 in the right price range, form other posts i've read here, i can see that people are having decent success with them..

Thanks again.

#4

old hand
Member
From: golden triangle
Joined: 26 July 2014
Posts: 1,559
Member
24 March 2020 06:18 pm

I think for $2400 you should pick up a older 4500 thumbsup


golden triangle

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

#5

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
24 March 2020 06:25 pm

old hand wrote:

I think for $2400 you should pick up a older 4500 thumbsup

That would be nice, though i haven't seen one that cheap for a while, I might ring around next week, see what some of the stores have, i hear marybrough gold centre get a lot of stock in and out..

#6

old hand
Member
From: golden triangle
Joined: 26 July 2014
Posts: 1,559
Member
24 March 2020 06:39 pm

i live just up the road from them they do get some good deals just ask if they do get a older one to give you a ring regards john


golden triangle

#7

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
From: Adelaide, SA
Joined: 29 May 2014
Posts: 2,023
Phase Technical
24 March 2020 09:12 pm

GP extreme to 4000 gives you a lighter control box, lighter battery, and Sens Smooth timing giving you the ability to run the flat wound monos in mineralised soils. Also a smoother threshold. I say you got nothing to loose. A 12x8" or even 14x9" Evo really wakes it up on very small stuff.

Run it for a while and then keep an eye out for a 4500 or 5000 down the track.


Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

5 users like this post: madtuna, Ded Driver, robmoto, mxt sniper, Wimbo

#8

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
24 March 2020 09:52 pm

PhaseTech wrote:

GP extreme to 4000 gives you a lighter control box, lighter battery, and Sens Smooth timing giving you the ability to run the flat wound monos in mineralised soils. Also a smoother threshold. I say you got nothing to loose. A 12x8" or even 14x9" Evo really wakes it up on very small stuff.

Run it for a while and then keep an eye out for a 4500 or 5000 down the track.

Phase, thanks for the advice, excellent very helpful info. I actually own the 14x9 Evo currently, so it makes sense to grab a 4k and have a go..

Now i just have to find one at the right price lol..

Thanks again.

1 user likes this post: PhaseTech

#9

mxt sniper
Member
Joined: 20 June 2013
Posts: 170
Member
26 March 2020 06:18 am

4000 is just as good as gpx 4500 for overall sensitivity and depth on all sizes gold. I owned a 4000 couple yrs and found gold. The gpx 4500 has more control over noise, was not impressed with gp3500 after running my 4000.


GPX4500, Elite 14" Mono, 14X9 NF Evolution, 11" DD Commander, MXT Pro 8x6 SEF, Detech 6"DD Excellerator, Detech 4.5"DD Excellerator, SP01 Enhancer, GM1000

#10

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
30 March 2020 01:27 am

Can anyone recommend any dealers down in Victoria that might be worth contacting about used gear?
looking to blow about $2750 on something decent 4000,4500(if i'm real lucky)

Any info would be appreciated.
Though it might be a moot point, given all the covid19 stuff going down.

Thanks..

#11

old hand
Member
From: golden triangle
Joined: 26 July 2014
Posts: 1,559
Member
30 March 2020 08:26 am

Coiltek Maryborough are good if they are open regards john

Last edited by old hand (30 March 2020 08:27 am)


golden triangle

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

#12

grubstake
Member
From: Perth, WA
Joined: 20 October 2014
Posts: 2,500
Member
30 March 2020 10:23 am

Elijah wrote:

Can anyone recommend any dealers down in Victoria that might be worth contacting about used gear?
looking to blow about $2750 on something decent 4000,4500(if i'm real lucky)
Any info would be appreciated.
Though it might be a moot point, given all the covid19 stuff going down.
Thanks..

Have you considered Cash Converters online shopping service? The prices are often very good and they'll usually give you a 90 day warranty. I've bought a pair of Celestron binoculars and an ArkPak 730 battery pack via the website recently - service and delivery was first-class in both cases.

GPX4000 $1,999:
https://www.cashconverters.com.au/shop/ … 7100178536

GPX4500 $2,199:
https://www.cashconverters.com.au/shop/ … 0800231224

Metal Detectors generally:
https://www.cashconverters.com.au/shop/ … 5B0%5D=all


Where it is, there it is.

#13

davent
Member
Joined: 01 September 2015
Posts: 2,964
Member
30 March 2020 10:44 am

Great links, didn't even know they had an On line shop!

2 users like this post: Sandta, grubstake

#14

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
From: Adelaide, SA
Joined: 29 May 2014
Posts: 2,023
Phase Technical
30 March 2020 11:23 am

Hmm, 4500 missing a harness and battery pack and chargers, sounds like someone grabbed a detector and ran! I'd definitely be checking the serial number on that one to make sure it isn't stolen. Also, how do they know it's working if they don't have the battery for it??


Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

3 users like this post: RM Outback, lordo.1, dirtdiggin

#15

HoudiniHarry
Member
From: GT, VIC
Joined: 09 November 2016
Posts: 1,314
Member
30 March 2020 01:24 pm

I have a 4500 new version with all accessories and 14" coiltek elite

See my sale details on this site
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … p?id=33770

Cheers

Last edited by HoudiniHarry (30 March 2020 01:25 pm)


Having a great time searching for gold....
Machines used: SDC2300, GPX4500 and Equinox 800

2 users like this post: PhaseTech, roy cobb

#16

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
30 March 2020 01:42 pm

PhaseTech wrote:

Hmm, 4500 missing a harness and battery pack and chargers, sounds like someone grabbed a detector and ran! I'd definitely be checking the serial number on that one to make sure it isn't stolen. Also, how do they know it's working if they don't have the battery for it??

Yeah looks a bit sus to me, and now the listing is no longer available..

#17

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
30 March 2020 01:44 pm

HoudiniHarry wrote:

I have a 4500 new version with all accessories and 14" coiltek elite

See my sale details on this site
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … p?id=33770

Cheers

Excellent price, unfortunately you can't freight, and i'm way up here in NSW..

Last edited by Elijah (30 March 2020 01:45 pm)

#18

HoudiniHarry
Member
From: GT, VIC
Joined: 09 November 2016
Posts: 1,314
Member
30 March 2020 01:46 pm

Cheers


Having a great time searching for gold....
Machines used: SDC2300, GPX4500 and Equinox 800

#19

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
01 April 2020 02:09 pm

grubstake wrote:
Elijah wrote:

Can anyone recommend any dealers down in Victoria that might be worth contacting about used gear?
looking to blow about $2750 on something decent 4000,4500(if i'm real lucky)
Any info would be appreciated.
Though it might be a moot point, given all the covid19 stuff going down.
Thanks..

Have you considered Cash Converters online shopping service? The prices are often very good and they'll usually give you a 90 day warranty. I've bought a pair of Celestron binoculars and an ArkPak 730 battery pack via the website recently - service and delivery was first-class in both cases.

GPX4000 $1,999:
https://www.cashconverters.com.au/shop/ … 7100178536

GPX4500 $2,199:
https://www.cashconverters.com.au/shop/ … 0800231224

Metal Detectors generally:
https://www.cashconverters.com.au/shop/ … 5B0%5D=all

Actually ended up grabbing that GPX 4000 from Cashies, got a nice discount beyond the 10% plus free shipping to NSW.. PLUS 3 month warranty.
Looks a bit rough but as long as it does the job, I'll be happy.

Thanks for the suggestion grubstake.

Last edited by Elijah (01 April 2020 02:10 pm)

#20

old hand
Member
From: golden triangle
Joined: 26 July 2014
Posts: 1,559
Member
01 April 2020 03:57 pm

Thats good enjoy it


golden triangle

1 user likes this post: Elijah

#21

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
07 April 2020 04:38 pm

It arrived, man, every detector I've ever purchased from WA has come covered in red dirt lol

1586237741_img_20200407_153001.jpg

2 users like this post: Ded Driver, pinfire opals

#22

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
From: Adelaide, SA
Joined: 29 May 2014
Posts: 2,023
Phase Technical
07 April 2020 08:20 pm

Looks in pretty good condition, hardly a dent on the feet!
Let us know how you go with it


Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

#23

PeterInSa
Member
Joined: 27 December 2015
Posts: 106
Member
07 April 2020 09:23 pm

Just wonder what the person received for selling the GPX4500 to Cash Converters if they are on selling for $2199.

#24

Elijah
Member
From: Hill End, NSW
Joined: 01 June 2015
Posts: 132
Member
07 April 2020 09:48 pm

PeterInSa wrote:

Just wonder what the person received for selling the GPX4500 to Cash Converters if they are on selling for $2199.

Yeah I'm curious about that one too, I was going to buy it, but it was gone before pretty quick..

#25

pinfire opals
Member
Joined: 16 February 2019
Posts: 292
Member
08 April 2020 05:03 am

PeterInSa wrote:

Just wonder what the person received for selling the GPX4500 to Cash Converters if they are on selling for $2199.

Usually around 25 percent of new price, Cashies make a killing.

2 users like this post: Elijah, PeterInSa

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site

Top