New to the forum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold_mate said:
Hi everyone my names Ash from Albury Nsw, at the moment i have a Minelab xterra 705 and an 8 inch goldrat river sluice.
Have been hunting the yellow for about a year now and can pretty well say ive got the bug!
Welcome to the forum Gold-mate.Found any gold with the 705 ?

Eldorado said:

Hi Eldorado, nothing with the 705 the ground is very mineralised and the things screams everywhere, it can pick up tiny pieces of lead but they have to nearly be touching the coil.
Could be user fault but ive had a good play around with the settings.
The 705 is great for coins but have found more gold with the trusty pan!

Gold_mate said:
Eldorado said:

Hi Eldorado, nothing with the 705 the ground is very mineralised and the things screams everywhere, it can pick up tiny pieces of lead but they have to nearly be touching the coil.
Could be user fault but ive had a good play around with the settings.
The 705 is great for coins but have found more gold with the trusty pan!
Hi,I have a 705 myself and was just curious because I believe in not so mineralised ground it can find gold.

Eldorado said:
Hi,I have a 705 myself and was just curious because I believe in not so mineralised ground it can find gold.

It works great on not so mineralised ground, ive found a piece of lead shot in sand that was so tiny it took me a while to pinpoint!
I'll keep persisting with it though on the gold side of things until i can gather up funds for a PI

Latest posts