New prospector - metal detecting miami beach

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All!

Although have already said hello in a different thread, I had no responses so let me try again :)

I am from Poland and completely new to fossicking, but it obsessed me completely. I have tried gold panning in many areas in Victoria, NT, and now in QLD.

However today I have bought my first metal detector, minelab gofind 22 (I know the opinion of it on this forum, but you need to start somewhere!).
I went to miami beach in Gold Coast for 1h to test it, and you can see the result on the photo. This is my first ever metal detecting and it was super fun! I found just garbage, but it was really exciting. The metal button was quite a cool find!

Cheers!
Lukas

1584420133_img_20200317_140924__01.jpg

Hey!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have moved yesterday to Peregian Beach and have tried some detecting on the beach this morning. At first I started near beach entrance, but found just a few scraps of wire and metal. I have started then going along the dune and boom! My first coin ever! And it was a $1 :)
I have then quite quickly found another 2 coins, 50cents and 10cents.

The next hour I was just finding garbage and collected a bit of plastic I found, as a thanks for the coins ;)

Here is the photo of my hunt today:

1584486286_img_20200318_085218__01.jpg

Latest posts