2 hours from north Melbourne

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone wants to team up for some panning missions from Melbourne city area.
Im in Coburg and got a 4x4. Looking for day trips and all Ive got is pans and a homemade sucker pump.

Not looking to spend all day driving. 2 hour one way limit.

PM me.

Can learn lots from each other teaming up. :D :pickshovel:

Hi mate. Im in Glenroy. Once you reach 10 posts you will be able to message then we can swap details.

Derka said:
Hi mate. Im in Glenroy. Once you reach 10 posts you will be able to message then we can swap details.

Have you been out lately. This rain may have got some panning water back in the creeks! Where to you tend to go towards?

Wombat state forest. I dont pan so not sure which rivers we can use, just not the lerderderg.

Heading to Slaty creek tmr for some fun
Ill let you know how it goes!
Also just ordered a 6 gold Rat sluice with dream matting. Advised by VoGus prospecting!
Should be in next week. Let it rain! Get these rivers flowing

Howd you go mate. Any luck at Slaty Ck? I found a 2gram nugget this week which was nice.

Derka said:
Howd you go mate. Any luck at Slaty Ck? I found a 2gram nugget this week which was nice.

Hey Derky
I had colour in each pan, though it was very dry and had to hike buckets to muddy pools of water for panning. But was nice to see the creek dry to understand better once it gets flow back.
2 gramer must have been nice to find! Congrats mate.

Was that swinging or panning? What area were you in? :argh: :Y:

Nice mate. Colour in each pan is a good sign. Found mine with the gold monster detector. Went back and found 2 more bits. The location is wombat state forest. Its not near an active creek but Im sure youd get something in the pan if you had water.

Latest posts