Running a threshold with QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hippyhunter said:
Might take the detector down to jb hifi and get some demos of the more expensive ones like senheisser and bose. Just have to plug in quickly to hear if the threshold is there. The volume issue is definately in the sender unit. I paired the earbuds to the mobile phone bluetooth and it was super loud at full volume

Sienheisser is top notch, just not exactly sure in this particular situation.

When used on my Nox, F75 and Monster I cant fault them. Target ID is great but with both the 800 and the Monster in gold hunt I find these are my go to if the wind isnt crazy like 35kmh or stronger.

Both of these vlf style where threshold movement and tone break are your first clues to get best sensitivity and be right on the edge of depth they work absolutely amazing. Just my 2c. Would definitely miss gold and other targets without them 100%.

I never did try with my 4500.

At the very least youll use them for everyday enjoyment with excellent sound quality, whenever Im using them for the purpose they were intended I find them to be superb.

All in all worth the money, I payed $110 for mine at a good sale price and they are my favourite all round set by a mile. Dollar for $ theres no comparison. :perfect:

OldGT said:
hippyhunter said:
Might take the detector down to jb hifi and get some demos of the more expensive ones like senheisser and bose. Just have to plug in quickly to hear if the threshold is there. The volume issue is definately in the sender unit. I paired the earbuds to the mobile phone bluetooth and it was super loud at full volume

Sienheisser is top notch, just not exactly sure in this particular situation.

When used on my Nox, F75 and Monster I cant fault them. Target ID is great but with both the 800 and the Monster in gold hunt I find these are my go to if the wind isnt crazy like 35kmh or stronger.

Both of these vlf style where threshold movement and tone break are your first clues to get best sensitivity and be right on the edge of depth they work absolutely amazing. Just my 2c. Would definitely miss gold and other targets without them 100%.

I never did try with my 4500.

At the very least youll use them for everyday enjoyment with excellent sound quality, whenever Im using them for the purpose they were intended I find them to be superb.

All in all worth the money, I payed $110 for mine at a good sale price and they are my favourite all round set by a mile. Dollar for $ theres no comparison. :perfect:

I did try the sennheiser (cx6.00bt i believe), but they wouldnt pair with my bt transmitter unfortunately. Which was a pity as i could get those for $40

hippyhunter said:
Lol. Ill take any size gold at the moment aussiedigs. :argh:
My next trip will be my first time with running the threshold, so will be focusing around null i would say to get the smoothest threshold possible. Im not really at the stage of pushing for depth just yet.
Pretty impressive getting something so small with the 20" coil. I didnt think that would be possible. That will probably give me a push to use it more often when possible.

1583808230_634b937d-a8b7-4650-a099-d301b7a8e56b.jpg

Thats the one.. am thinking about maybee getting an enclosed skid plate for mine.. on one hand its handy open for getting around small shrubs. On the other hand it gets caught up on sticks a lot. Probably adds a bit of weight with the full skid plate too so still a bit unsure. Will give it a bit more use as is before i decide on the skid plate

Latest posts