GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockhunter62 said:
hookey13 said:
Hi Guys

will be in WA next year with GPZ 7000. Just some advice please:
If Z was to break something what parts could I take to ensure I can still use it?

It is a long way to travel from Melbourne and Kalgoorlie will be closest main town to where I plan to be. Is there even a Minelab stockist there?
cheers

Greg :pickshovel:

Hi Greg,

Finders Keepers at 282 Hannan Street should cover everthing that you may need.

https://www.finderskeepersgold.com

Cheers

Doug

I looked at prices. I'm in shock. We have all the detectors for a lot cheaper.

Prooz said:
Haha shouldn't laugh. Done that and don't want to do it to often, I don't think I've been that deep. :eek:

My mate has been deeper. Crazy hole, I said if it was gold it would've been the biggest in SA history!

1583873412_20180320_073524.jpg
PhaseTech said:
Prooz said:
Haha shouldn't laugh. Done that and don't want to do it to often, I don't think I've been that deep. :eek:

My mate has been deeper. Crazy hole, I said if it was gold it would've been the biggest in SA history!

This one????

So GPZ12" coil is out now, well first release batch anyway. Those who got one, how are you liking it? Did you need any changes to settings?

I got to borrow Bigjilm's coil for a day as he was working hard while I had a bit of play time.
First thing I noticed was the bungy could stay in the car. The balance is super nice.

After a quick swing I noticed I could up the Sensitivity by one number. (Later in the arvo I got it up 3 numbers.)
I was working an area I've pulled maybe 25+ pieces from (Small Gold Patch on my YouTube), and gridded with the SDC, so most shallow lead has been removed. Very few targets remain here, but sometimes you might get lucky. Well I thought I was about to get lucky when I got a nice wobbly/dip type signal. Flicked over to General and it was much more defined. Unfortunately this prick popped out!!

1612164895_z_12_junk_find.jpg

Actually got a couple of targets off the main section of the patch which was a surprise but they were shallow and just junk.

So I moved spot. Very few targets at spot 2, and got a bit side tracked and went for a bit of a wander as I noticed some diggings I hadn't noticed before.
Got a really faint signal, and turned out to be about a 4mm lead shot from very good depth. That told me the coil was working just fine.

Spot 3, later in the arvo now, and I could up the sensitivity to 10. I had been running 7 and 8 for most of the day.
I started at a trashy section I've slowly been chipping away at over the years, and as usual after 7 or 8 targets, I slowly move away into cleaner ground.
Got a bit of a sniff of something off the side of the coil at the base of a tree - I was trying my best to keep the coil at the right angle. Checked this one in General and there was a noticeable drop in signal response, but it was still getting it, and shortly after I dug this little guy out.

1612165549_z_12_find_2.jpg

So, just a quick go and use it kind of test, but I really enjoyed it. Oh, and recovering your target once it's in the scoop was easier, as you have more flat area out the front of the coil compared to the stock Z14 coil.

Going to link up the other thread on the Z Search 12" as Lesgold has put up some good info: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32826&p=2

I have flicked into normal and I am not going back...Hopefully :)
Dig a few hot rocks, but geez, the depth and sensitivity difference seems staggering.
Flicked over to diff on a signal, barely a whimper....HY/Normal, strong signal. Small bit of lead shot, but proved a point to myself.

PhaseTech said:
Kingswood, are you still using the stock coil?
Yes mate. My buddy is buying the NF, so will see how he goes :)
If he loves it, might buy one too.
TBH, I quite like the minelab 14"

kingswood said:
PhaseTech said:
Kingswood, are you still using the stock coil?
Yes mate. My buddy is buying the NF, so will see how he goes :)
If he loves it, might buy one too.
TBH, I quite like the minelab 14"

Bigjilm is killing it with his 12" NF (the one I borrowed for the day), he's already paid it off. I had backorders to supply first, but got some more in, so put my name on one. Was gonna head out this morning but it's pouring. Itching to give it a run.

Latest posts