DD coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don't expect it will be something I use that much, if at all, but I've never really tried it, unless you count the 705, so just interested to give it a go.

old hand said:
A friend of mine is having the most success he has ever had using a DD standard black gp extreme coil on a extreme ,he is using it in mono mode there are not many days when he does not return with 1,2or 3 pieces of gold all small but they add up regards john :)

Just wondering how many of the guys are still using DD coils?

I use to Only ever use a DD pre Gpx days and now I'm thinking of going back.
Has anyone used the new Detech 15DD on an SD 2100 or 2200 ?

Has anyone used one of the Nuggetfinder 25" DD X coils in our WA noisy grounds?

WA grounds are only noisy in summer time when the hot rocks come out to play..

You must be around Newman in the iron ore country? Any DD coil will be better than a mono up there.

Can't justify a new NF coil right now.

Have fun 'Hotrock'. :|

I detected not far from town at Menzies last season.
Snagged a few bits, the ground was ok until it warmed up end of October / November, i put on the DD coil, all good then until it got too hot.

What detector you using? :|

Hello all,
I understand that Mono coils are susceptible to EMI, especially as they increase in size.
Does the same apply to bigger DD coils?
For example, would a 22 DD coil be prone to EMI the same as say, an 11 Mono or 14 Mono?
Could a bigger DD coil exhibit similar quietness as a much smaller DD coil or will they suffer the same fate as bigger mono coils?
I hope I have worded this correctly,
Thanks for any advice,
Tony

Latest posts