Roof rack loading aid

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A mate who is now retired, and only has one arm loves his camping, and has a patrol with racks, and camping trailer 2m up to the roof rack on that.
And we came up with this a handy thing to have.
Easy and safe to use, + it makes a great seat or table for your fridge etc.
And use it around the home.
We got the next model down rated at 120kg. Tad cheaper.
1583638431_screenshot_20200308-143327_gallery.jpg

10kg < >

Going to look at one of those next time we go to Bunnies, now I have the Mazda BT50 I can no longer reach much area of the roof or windscreen to clean it, have been working off a 4 foot double sided ladder which has to be moved a lot and I do not feel safe on when leaning over the vehicle, excellent idea. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Graham

I bought 4 about 12 years ago, I think I still have them somewhere, they are one of the best investments you can make for the job site or around the home and they make good seat at the family BBQ :Y:

Been staring me in face for a couple years! I never clued on
The model we got (120kg) I think is a now a clearance line) .
So you might find one reduced at your store.
Check value difference between the 150 kg model.
:Y:

There is a cheaper one by far - it has no legs but sits over the top of your tyre casing to make a step (and occupies limited weight and little space on board).

What is yours made of?

I used mine for putting up Gyproc ceilings and as Saw benches for Routing Kitchen work tops, It really speeds up the job having a good platform to work from.

goldierocks said:
There is a cheaper one by far - it has no legs but sits over the top of your tyre casing to make a step (and occupies limited weight and little space on board).

What is yours made of?
Try putting up gyprock with a tyre step! :lol:
There made of alloy.
Variable height legs.
Plus you can move it, and walk along it.
Just has advantages of multiple use.

mudgee hunter said:
LoneWolf said:
Every item We take away must have at least 2 uses or it gets left at home... I can live with this Method... :)

LW....
Cooking, cleaning.....that's two.... better shoot for three hun..... just to be sure....
DIGGING!!!
Hmmmm ok, maybe you can come too.... :lol:

It's 4, It's 4, Who's going to get the beer from the fridge, Ay Ay

I wish you would think this through, 500ks out in the Bush Is the wrong time and place to discover you've gotta walk over to the fridge and get ya own Beer not to mention Who's gunna open the bloody thing,

This is Bush Survival 101 ,,, C'mon work with me here, :perfect:

Survival 101 ... Car Keys, a necessity, it's my 4x4. Key ring complete with bottle opener, I'm on my own, so I made sure that I knew how to open the bottle, lol. :)

Thing is, it's a 4by, it's off road, so fridge contents move around, so bottles never ever go in the Engel, only cans.

Which effectively means, the bottle opener has no use and should be left at home...... to follow the above advice... :perfect:

mudgee hunter said:
Ha, I maybe the OP...
But I don't care how it goes from here!!
:lol:

Sorry Mate,

getting back on track, those Trestles / Hop Up's are also really useful for when you are washing the vehicle and if you put a load of gear on it when loading the rack it saves you getting up and down as often,

LoneWolf said:
Not since 'something else' happened last time when she was on all fours... :eek: {) :playful: :lol: :lol:

LW...

I am trying to 'think what may have happened' when she was on all fours, I am thinking that maybe she was looking for something that had fallen under the car and you were carrying something that blocked your view and you fell over her and both ended up in a big hump on the ground, hopefully neither of you were injured and she will not make that mistake again without letting you know where she is. O:) O:) O:)

Graham

Use these at work, about half the price of the purpose built ones.

On them about 30% of my average work week. Even though I rely on them they can have crack issues over time, just do a good inspection on purchase.

Mrs uses one for her work too and to get to her racks on her work Ranger, 3 years no problems. All of them are the heavy built ones, went that way to plank through and carry 2 blokes though, smaller one be fine for what you guys are suggesting.

I do miss the carry handles my original 2xprice ones have though, but we shift them around all day.

Cheers.

Latest posts