Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww man, did a closer look and appears there is no stock in the Canberra area either.

Look up Detacta Den In Batemans Bay.

Hang On,
Here is the link,

https://www.detectaden.com.au/

Give them a ring and ask.

They do mail order and I know them well.

Or, come for a drive to pick it up then head down to Mogo.

Before you go, Get your self a Forestry Permit,

https://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visit/activities/fossicking

Knock your socks off but be care full of snakes, Ticks, Shafts and an addiction.

You will not recover, I assure you. :cool:

Send me a PM. I can point you in the
right direction but no guarantee's. :sunny:

Yeah, saw detectaden has them. But they are $150 dearer there.

Already got the forrestry permit. That was the first thing I did when I started with the panning, back when I joined here. Don't need the grief of getting fined. :p

@Tathradj - Would be cool to do some sort of group outing one day though. I am a Tura Beach lad. The Wife and I are more than happy to do a few K's though.

My cheeky Wife got me one of these and it arrived today, unbeknownst to me.

Looks like I have joined the GM1000 club.

No idea how to use it though, my first detector ever. So the learning begins.

Took it for a quick run on the beach near the dunes. Only had ten minutes of light.

Managed to find half a dozen bottle tops, some fishing swivels, a hook, and a tiny splinter of metal.

Least I know it works :p

G'day all, how do these go on coin shooting , relics ect ? any info ? as i would use it for coins ect 65% and gold 35%.
cheers

guys, the GM1000 was primarily designed as a VLF fine gold detector. yes, it can find coins & relics in the right circumstances, but it will also find an annoying amount of trash ... it has a special affinity for aluminium.
Jazz, if beach detecting is your thing, there a far better detectors for using on the beach, at similar or less cost.
Webstertwin, if you are after coins & stuff 65% of the time, & only 35% on gold, again, there are far better dedicated machines for the money. eg, an Equinox 800
The GM1000 is a great little machine when used for its design purpose, in the right ground, but it isn't ideal as a coin/jewellery&relic hunter. For a ~$1000 budget there are several good machines for this purpose.
hope this helps in your decisions
DED

Ded Driver said:
Jazz, if beach detecting is your thing, there a far better detectors for using on the beach, at similar or less cost.

Too late. Already got one. :p

Nah, it will be used predominantly for gold hunting. Initially planning to go to the Moruya and Mogo areas. Interested to see how it goes at Yambulla too, but really don't know much about Yambulla and whether there is anything significant to look for down there.

I did read that they don't like salt water, which I am finding is very true. Took it down the beach for a test during the week. Worked very well in the dry sand and yes, it certainly loves little specks of aluminium foil.

Went out to Pambula goldfields twice now, found lots of nails, iron, and a horseshoe. But from what I understand Pambula is all reef gold, so I wouldn't expect to find anything there anyway. If my understanding of the area is correct?

But overall I have recovered around two dozen 'things' and no false tones from the GM 1000. Everything I have dug up so far had a reason for firing off the detector. So I am pretty happy with that anyway. Just gotta find an area that actually has some gold and see how I fare then.

And yes, I do know that it can take many many trips before I find something of value, so I am under no allusions that I am going to strike it rich on my first outing. It's more the fun of actually getting out there and seeing our awesome area. Anything else is a bonus. :cool:

I keep reading contradicting views which is annoying for such a simple machine.
Many say that auto mode has something to do with ground balance.
It does not, the auto modes automatically adjusts the level of sensitivity to the ground feed back. The first auto setting is for automatic quiet operation, auto plus adds a bit more sensitivity and allows more noise.
There is no semi auto.

The auto sensitivity is there so if you run over some quiet ground it automatically turn the sensitivity up for you and then back down when you hit noisy ground to keep the feedback at the same level.
It is an auto ground balence machine, it is ground balancing from the moment you turn it on until the moment you turn it off regardless of your settings.
Manual only applies to sensitivity and not ground balance.

The reason it isnt as sensitive in auto as man is because they didnt expect people to run them so hot and the auto dumbs down the sensitivity lower than most people run in manual.

If you swing over hot ground in auto and the machine smooths itself out it hasn't ground balanced the noise out, it has turned the sensitivity down.

Hope this helps some of the confusion.

Great information and good to see your video! Thanks for posting that, and to everyone else who has added their bit, as it reassures me my "Monster" is working well...I've heard that "gold" noise every time I dig up a beer can :lol:

Great Tip Maccatuna.
I'll be more than happy to post back on this. I would like to know whick Coil do you find works best. The small round or the Oval.
Cheers :perfect:

https://youtu.be/4ZJJZkkkQxc
Full manual 10
Full volume
All metal
1576890058_20190905_125531-1862x1863.jpg

1576890112_20190905_125612-1643x2921.jpg

Given similar size coils, does anybody know how the Nox 800 running in gold modes compares to the GM 1000?

Pete E said:
Given similar size coils, does anybody know how the Nox 800 running in gold modes compares to the GM 1000?
Hi Pete
Ive got both and have done tests against each other and I personally believe the Monster Just has the edge over the Nox 800 with the 6 inch coil on it, I was surprised how close they were though I thought the Nox had the Monster on depth though.
Hope that helps.

Latest posts