New Tarsacci MDT-800 Hybrid Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I believe this new mixed mode, hybrid vlf/pi type technology is the wave of the future for metal detectors both nugget machines as well as coin/jewelry machines. The Tarsacci MDT-800 was developed by an ex Los Banos Fisher employee, in the past he has built the Goldstrike and Coinstrike machines for Fisher. This particular model is aimed at beach hunters and relic hunters, they plan on building a hybrid dedicated nugget detector as well. Looks like these guys have beat Whites to production on a hybrid, Whites has been working on a hybrid since 2015, maybe we will see it soon too.

I like the fact that the LCD screen shows every setting at a glance, with no hidden menus, and I like the four tones operation as well. One very noted thing is the audio portion of this machine operates just like analog detectors audio, so you do not loose the nuances for sound id, like with modern digital detectors. A great selling point. Has several frequencies as well.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,152652 this is a 9 page forum discussion link about the new machine apparently it will be sold only on this forum to customers. 1539.99.

The more I read about this Tarsacci 8000 machine it appears I was wrong its not a hybrid pi/vlf but just another vlf with multiple freqs available, one at a time. Mainly its a beach machine it appears. Makes for interesting reading during the winter months anyway. I am holding out to buy a Hybrid vlf/pi my next nugget machine if and when that happens.

mxt sniper said:
The more I read about this Tarsacci 8000 machine it appears I was wrong its not a hybrid pi/vlf but just another vlf with multiple freqs available, one at a time. Mainly its a beach machine it appears. Makes for interesting reading during the winter months anyway. I am holding out to buy a Hybrid vlf/pi my next nugget machine if and when that happens.

That was my impression too, after following your above excellent link and reading that lengthy Dankowski thread. But the discussion there was more technical than my own level and I wasn't interested in potentiallly starting an argument about something so interesting. :)

It appeared to me that the complex coil design and signal processing, made the new detector a multi-choice single frequency machine (like the Deus), but one that improves on Minelab's BBS/FBS machines for maximum depth discrimination with simultaneous elimination of both ground noise and salt. It's an impressive feature list that could well prove to be the holy grail for beach hunters, even allowing for the possible limitation of an apparently fixed coil size.

From what new owners are saying the Tarsacci MDT8000 is inches deeper than any of their other vlf machines, but the MInelab gpx is inches deeper than the MDT-8000. And it sounds like the machine ignores iron similar to a pi.

Multi selectable frequencies, 4-tone mode, nice nuances in the audio.....sounds just like an Anfibio ;)

Now after many reviews and comparisons to current vlfs it sounds like the best strength of the Tarsacci machine is it increases in depth in wet salt sand. So pretty much a beach machine I would guess. Phase Tech is right,sounds a lot like an Anfibio.

In talking over the years with various engineers during the product development phase of different makes and models I have been involved in. Some of the engineers were Dave Johnson of First Texas / Fisher, George Payne of Whites, Compass, Teknetics, Bruce Candy of Minelab and many others including 'Dr.' John Earle of Whites, there are two basic Domains that a metal detector will operate under in models that operate under VLF. White's and Most all other MFGs excluding one, utilize Frequency Domain Circuits. Since about 2000 after Minelab acquired Bruce Candy, he developed the Explorer and Sovereign Series which utilized Pulse Domain,giving them an edge over soil conditions and wet salt beach conditions. These were the first Multi-Freuency Detectors and were making for a 'Quieter' and Deeper Hunt. Later, White's Electronics purchased some of that Multi-Frequency Advantage from Minelab and introduced the Beach Hunter and later, the DFX. Anyway... back to Tarsacci and How I became involved.

In early January 2019, I was contacted by the Chief Engineer and Owner of a Young Startup Company out of Merced, California who identified himself as a former engineer working for Fisher Research in Los Banos up until the time that the company was sold to First Texas. His name was Dimeter Gargov and he was not only a passionate hobbiest, he had produced the Fisher Coin Strike, Gold Strike and Coin ID. He went on to discuss his newest detector the Tarsacci MDT 8000 which did not operate on any one of the previous two domains, but he described it as MULTI-Domain with three approved patent pendings. Dimeter wouldn't go any further into what's under the hood. He asked me what was the most challenging beach I knew of in the Bay Area. I told him there was a Black Sand Beach in the Pacifica Area that a typical VLF Detector would have a difficult time operating on with either a Loss of Depth or even Overload regardless of attempting to optimize the settings.

I took that same coin and examined it and then pushed it about 6 inches in the sand and attempted to hear it with my new White's Electronics 24K unsuccessfully. Anyway subsequent to that meeting I signed on as an Authorized Dealer, which at the time was only two. By Agreement, I can sell Domestically in my Area, but NOT Internationally. Anyone interested in this new All Purpose Detector has to purchase through an Authorized Australian Dealer or from Tarsacci directly if no Australian Dealer exists at the time I am posting.

I have tested all my Gold Detectors, including the Fisher Gold Bug II, White's Goldmaster GMT, 24K, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Garrett ATX and AT Gold and the Tarsacci MDT 8000 hears my smallest gold sample as good if not better than any of the aforementioned detectors. The Tarsacci MDT has been tested in the Gold Bearing Arizona Desert by the Gold Lady successfully.

lI just want to clarify one thing, this is not Just a VLF Technology. This is NEW Technology that covers Multiple Domains including VLF and Pulse. That's as much as I know. Check out some of the direct comparisons against other top makes and models on Youtube, including Relic and Rings, and TNSharpShooter. I've even done a couple of videos on the MDT's ability tp ignore COKE, found in England which causes Falsing and is considered a nuisance. The MDT 8000 doesn't respond to Coke.

Hope this helps to answer some questions or concerns. I invite you all to also contact Tarsacci via their web site with any additional questions above my pay grade.

Lucky2bGorgeous said:
Since about 2000 after Minelab acquired Bruce Candy, he developed the Explorer and Sovereign Series which utilized Pulse Domain,giving them an edge over soil conditions and wet salt beach conditions. These were the first Multi-Freuency Detectors and were making for a 'Quieter' and Deeper Hunt. Later, White's Electronics purchased some of that Multi-Frequency Advantage from Minelab and introduced the Beach Hunter and later, the DFX. Anyway... back to Tarsacci and How I became involved.

I'm pretty sure Bruce worked on the Goldseekers 15000 which came out in 85. The first Sovereign came out in the 1991 I think. So Bruce was involved with Minelab waaaay before 2000.

I'd like to test the Tarsacci against the 3030, Equinox and Sovereign here on Aussie beaches and see what it can do. I can't seem to find any comparisons on wet sand against other known detectors. Lots of videos with targets on buckets for some reason?

I found this one, but with a recovery speed of 2 on the Nox, he's just swinging way too fast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR81C69Sx1A

Is there a video with the Nox on a wet beach detecting a 10 coin at the end of a 12" stick ? or maybe a 3030 or Sovereign ?

Some users on Facebook claim to get a coin at 60 cm with a 3030 and others claim to get a 10 coin at 90 cm with a Nox 800, then show a deep hole where the coin was supposedly in the bottom of. ???

I've found some $2 coins at some pretty crazy depths with the CTX that seemed like between 50-60cm, maybe I'm exagerating though as I've never done a proper depth measurement. Depends on the sand too, have never found any really deep on Sydney beaches but on the beach at Evans Head I couldn't believe the depth I was picking them up at, it was right on the detection limit though and not clear signals in both directions, then pinpoint on them and it picked them up no probs.

This is why I consistantly say that the CTX detects deeper than the Nox. :D

Would be interesting to do a comparison with the new Nox firmware as it felt to me that depth was increased from the previous version.

Obtained one of these TARSACCI MDT 8000 so now I'll be doing my own testing.

For a user select, multi frequency detector, it work exceptional well on wet ocean beaches, equally well for coin and relic hunting.

It has definitely got some different set-up modes/adjustments compared to other VLF detectors.

This will give the user full control of every aspect of beach or relic detecting; or for others, it can make pre-programmed detectors more appealing.

Obtained one of these TARSACCI MDT 8000 so now I'll be doing my own testing.

For a user select, multi frequency detector, it work exceptional well on wet ocean beaches, equally well for coin and relic hunting.

It has definitely got some different set-up modes/adjustments compared to other VLF detectors.

This will give the user full control of every aspect of beach or relic detecting; or for others, it can make pre-programmed detectors more appealing.
So, what's the verdict? Is it your new favorite machine? Does it go deeper than other machines? How sensitive is it for searching for gold nuggets? :)

I use the TARSACCI MDT 8000 for difficult beach and wet sand detecting.
Gold prospecting where I go have heaps of 1800+ settlement trash that require a lot of cleaning and a smaller like 4" DD coil, so that is taken care of with another brand of VLF detector.
There is a dedicated TARSACCI Facebook user group.

Latest posts