Early Fisher impulse??????????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone got or used the 90s Fisher Impulse Detector???. Black case. Yellow facia. Dont think many were sold in Aus. I have heard they were difficult to operate but I would be interested to hear from anyone who may have used one. Saw a Utube video but cant find it again. It seemed to perform reasonably well from what I saw. I cant find much info regarding them on any Oz forum. Regards... Ron. 8.(

If you type in fisher impulse for sale in a search engine or reviews you will see a review and picture of the machine from im assuming years a go. Price on the review is $700.

Looks nice and simple:
1575937464_impulse1.jpg
1575937481_impulse.jpg

Manual:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/4012/1575937510_fisher_impulse_manual.pdf

Yes. Apparently difficult to use though. Dont know if they would handle our ground too well but I wouldnt mind trying one out. Probably almost impossible to find now though. And I also heard there are no replacement parts for them either. :argh:

If anyone has an old one floating around gathering dust I would be interested as long as it still works. Old technology I know. I just like old machines. :D

Hi Nesral...Can't get facebook to work at the mo. I'll try again tomorrow. Do you know what price they are asking and anything re condition.???.. ie. Does it work?

The 90s Fisher Impulse will not work well in our high iron mineralised gold fields.
This detector was designed for salt beach and scuba operation and is wp to 250 feet. It does not have GB, Auto Tune or pulse delay adjust.

As a beach machine it performs well and is a piece of cake to operate. If you are a beach hunter then you may like this machine.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/impulse.pdf

Hi. Adrian. What got me interested is seeing a number of utube vids of very successful operation on a river bank finding large gold nuggets. On some island.They don't say which Island. They were pulling out big nuggets all over the place and the machine was working very well indeed. Regards.. Ronnie. :D

If it's the same video I saw, the "Gold"is fake. There's a bloke who has done a whole heap of them. There's even a Russian? dude doing a "Mickey" UTude vid on him.

Painted rocks.

The Island have black dirt/sand?

The island is all mid grey material. Could be slate I think. The river is a fast runner in the background so they are digging along the shoreline. All vids show the digging at high speed til the target is found. All nuggets are golf ball size or bigger. And they are pretty deep too. Looks like the real deal. Gold doesn't look fake. :argh:

Latest posts