Moneybox's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Lightning favor mineralized ground.
I guess this question has been probed around with and looked at or has it ?
We all know lightning goes for high objects & metallic objects like golf clubs , ladders , TV antennas ect.
So on flat land what attracts lightning to strike where it does.
Could it be because it favors conductible pockets of mineralized ground. ?
If so then someone may have just driven past a big nugget. 8.(

if a cloud has accumulated a large negative charge, it will generally hit a ground area with a more positive charge.
It does not always hit the highest object, nor necessarily a metal object. For example, a tree holds a very high water content & makes a great conductor too, at the extremely high voltages a lightning bolt carries.

`I` was going to say ~
Is not she beautiful ~
1582461659_goldnugget109ozd.jpg

Just some thoughts.
Iron attracts a magnet .vsvs
Electrons attract a conductor.vsvs.
i`m no a pro here.
Lightning most likely try`s to get whatever it`s hands on.
The shortest gap the most conductive target on the ground in proximity.
Sorry Mr & Mrs moneybox this was mean`t tobe fun ~
Hope it was on ya honey moon one you will remember.
What a flash.ha.,x4.
bush.

Holy moly! What a wild trip! Thanks for posting it Moneybox - it was awesome - literally!

You would have heard some championship winning swearing if I'd been filming that lightning strike!! Way too close for comfort!

I have just one question... Have you tried online shopping? :playful:

MegsyB007 said:
Holy moly! What a wild trip! Thanks for posting it Moneybox - it was awesome - literally!

You would have heard some championship winning swearing if I'd been filming that lightning strike!! Way too close for comfort!

I have just one question... Have you tried online shopping? :playful:

Hi Megsy,

I do a lot of online shopping, Mrs M is always grumbling about the things I buy but with free delivery on many things our location makes no difference. I think online grocery shopping would be difficult because we tend to buy a lot of refrigerated and frozen foods and delivery to our location would most likely cost more than it's worth.

Phil

Cut lengths of PVC about 10/15 MM wide and glue them inside either side of the length of the half pipe.
Then used some door seal cut to length so it was tightly held in place under the PVC lips.
When sluicing finished these riffles can be removed to make it easier to flush into a pan for final wash.
Very exciting when you see some pickers... :goldnugget: :goldpan: :inlove:

Nightjar said:

Peter, I think the problem with the Keens is that too much air escapes. Even if the cloth was more dense the area covered by cloth might be too large for the size of the bellows. I might be better off with narrower bands of exposed cloth.

Nightjar said:
Cut lengths of PVC about 10/15 MM wide and glue them inside either side of the length of the half pipe.
Then used some door seal cut to length so it was tightly held in place under the PVC lips.
When sluicing finished these riffles can be removed to make it easier to flush into a pan for final wash.
Very exciting when you see some pickers... :goldnugget: :goldpan: :inlove:

No mat? I thought those lips might have been there to retain an piece of matting cut to fit snug around the curve.

I'm a bit confused with the photos. I take it the wood is the down/air-feed side. The blue frame is the rifles?

Moneybox said:
I'm a bit confused with the photos. I take it the wood is the down/air-feed side. The blue frame is the rifles?

Yes, the wood is the underside and blue is the upper. BTW that is from an engine driven dry blower I built years ago, probably quite a bit larger than your machine.
You're on the money reducing the underside slots, because there is less air from bellows as opposed to the continuous blower air.
A good indication is when the bellows dry blower is running empty you will see a slight lift in the cloth on the upside against the riffle.
When loaded you will see the dead spot up from the slot and the the dirt then begins to bounce as it gets nearer to the riffle.
The best indication is the tiny gold does not get past the top two riffles.
If dry blowing virgin ground always detect the over size after moving blower. If you're lucky any that does not fit through your top screen obviously spills off the end.
In the early days we detected old dry blowing oversize heaps and found many nuggets the old timers missed.