Action Thread about HighBanking in NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In saying this please realise its tongue in cheek.

All they really did is make a highbanker the equivalent of a powered trommel or dredge.

Now if this was in the land of least restrictions aka Victoria and they told me, no mpre powered equipment pumps or highbankers, well Im pretty sure I know what Id do.

20 men in 20 days couldnt do what Mother nature can do in 20 mins.

Its absurd and I feel for all you lot up there, it's regressive and stupid and flies in the face of common sense.

If they want responsible people to do the right thing they have a funny way of showing it.

Long live the (High)Banker.

mbasko said:
A poorly written "Guideline" will never trump a Legislative Act in court! I'd suggest more people need to know & understand the relevant section/s of the Mining Act & Regulations. Guidelines are lower tier but not below the law as such.

Thanks mate good info to know. :Y:

OldGT said:
In saying this please realise its tongue in cheek. All they really did is make a highbanker the equivalent of a powered trommel or dredge.
Now if this was in the land of least restrictions aka Victoria and they told me, no more powered equipment pumps or highbankers, well Im pretty sure I know what Id do. 20 men in 20 days couldnt do what Mother nature can do in 20 mins. Its absurd and I feel for all you lot up there, it's regressive and stupid and flies in the face of common sense. If they want responsible people to do the right thing they have a funny way of showing it. Long live the (High)Banker.

Thanks mate. :Y:

Like many here I am disappointed with the apparent outcomes from what has been an almighty effort by our Napfa Committee over the past few years.This is however...not the end of the matter. This is not even the beginning of the end of the matter.It is however perhaps the start of a new way in which to make an end to the matter. :cool: In the meantime...having a deep respect for the many great thinkers amongst us...perhaps it's a good time to concentrate those minds into ways of drastically improving the water pressure available at the highbanker from water siphoned from upstream...or perhaps even downstream from the said highbanker, so as we can just tell those people responsible for this diabolical stuff-up to shove there regulations in such an orifice that is in the most convenient proximity to the toilet paper!. :mad: :cool:

Jazz said:
mbasko said:
Jazz said:
Thanks again mbasko, just saw your edit. What is the best way to determine if a parcel of land is in fact 'prescribed' land?
Prescribed crown land is any Crown Land under the Crown Lands Act.
To find out the status of Crown Land i.e. unmanaged, managed, leased, under licence/permit/occupancy etc. you need to contact NSW Crown Lands
https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/lands/what-we-do/contact-us

Jesus Christ! $98 per search.

Every time you think "wonder if there would be any good?" - Cha Ching. Nope can't go there. Cha Ching - there either.
I usually email or ring them with DP + Lot No. & ask for status. Never been charged a cent.
They will tell you who manages it if managed by Local Lands, Council, Trust etc. but they won't pass on individual personal details. I have though been put in touch with individuals who hold licence over Crown Land to discuss access thru the Crown Lands Dept. No charge for that either?
The only time I've paid for information is for a title search on private land not Crown Land.
Pretty sure your looking at the cost for a Conveyancing Search. You don't need to do that or pay to get the basic information.

I'm trying to understand what this means in simple terms. Using the example of Oallen Ford, which a bunch of us have been to.

I think this area is crown land, but not sure on who manages it.

Does this mean we can still fossick there, within the 1 cubic meter rule?

What this all means for all prospectors weather you are a wet or dect prospector, is that the powers to be will be able to enforce a ban on the high bankers, if used in conjunction with a water pump and the act of excavation at this time, and they may not be willing to give warnings.

1582754347_x1.jpg

1582754426_x2.jpg

1582754524_x3.jpg

1582754608_x4.jpg

So once again I am asking people who are not NAFPA members, please join us in the cause to gain a just outcome.

To Join NAPFA please click the link below, I would also like to point out you can join and pay online now.
https://www.napfa.net/Join-the-rebellion.html

Thanks all Jemba

:Y:

I'm all for introducing laws when they have a demonstrated positive outcome but these guidelines are totally absurd.
Firstly I have not killed a single creature whether it swims flys or crawls due to my hobby , secondly I will never cause anywhere near the damage nature causes due to storms, wind ,fire and even native animals that excavate their own living environments. Thirdly my hobby contributes greatly to the economy . Fourth my hobby provides fitness and sanity and encourages good health and companionship with fellow Australians and overseas visitors.
What have we become as a nation when own politicians and representatives can become so narrow minded that they honestly believe policies such as these will actually provide anything positive for the environment while at the same time disregard the overwhelming positives our pastime provides average hard working Australian people .

GaryO said:
I'm all for introducing laws when they have a demonstrated positive outcome but these guidelines are totally absurd.
Firstly I have not killed a single creature whether it swims flys or crawls due to my hobby , secondly I will never cause anywhere near the damage nature causes due to storms, wind ,fire and even native animals that excavate their own living environments. Thirdly my hobby contributes greatly to the economy . Fourth my hobby provides fitness and sanity and encourages good health and companionship with fellow Australians and overseas visitors.
What have we become as a nation when own politicians and representatives can become so narrow minded that they honestly believe policies such as these will actually provide anything positive for the environment while at the same time disregard the overwhelming positives our pastime provides average hard working Australian people .

Spot on the money mate, well put. :Y:

Wow this is really doing my head in , I just can not get past the fact that
1. The guidelines are written by so called educated people with grossly elevated salaries we can only dream of ... to then consider public money was well spent with probably 1000s of hours of input wasted to eventually compile such a contradicting piece of rubbish .
2. The guideline pretext is totally Infactual and provides absolutely zero evidence to support anything they propose to gain by pressing ahead with this illconconcived attempt at saving the planet ..
holy crap they are so wrong with every single part of that document , and I cant stand back and be bullied by agenda driven liars..

GaryO said:
Wow this is really doing my head in , I just can not get past the fact that
1. The guidelines are written by so called educated people with grossly elevated salaries we can only dream of ... to then consider public money was well spent with probably 1000s of hours of input wasted to eventually compile such a contradicting piece of rubbish .
2. The guideline pretext is totally Infactual and provides absolutely zero evidence to support anything they propose to gain by pressing ahead with this illconconcived attempt at saving the planet ..
holy crap they are so wrong with every single part of that document , and I cant stand back and be bullied by agenda driven liars..

Yes that is my view as well, only I did not know how I could say what I felt by putting them into words like you have done. Well done sir a very big thank you.

Jemba
:Y:

GaryO said:

All good points. I too believe they missed the point when they decided to clamp down on highbankers.

Its the same as locking up the forests, if you push people out how are sensible and informed users reach those that want to abuse the resource?

In this context I would guess 99% or higher of those prospecting in open areas in NSW would be honest law abiding folk that respect others and the land and waterways, and would speak up if there was an issue with someones behavior or actions. The chances of someone buying a highbanker from a reputable outlet and then using it to be an environmental vandal for purely destructions sake would be next to zero.

If I had an educated guess I would bet that most (above 95%) would be older types, take their rubbish home, responsibly fish and hunt with proper licences as well if they do those activities , abide by the laws of fossiking, contribute to rural areas financially that they would otherwise not go to without gold on offer, buy quality products from australian sellers, and encourage others to do the same.

Sure theres a bad egg here and there who want to dredge through greed and/or ignorance, or those without care who rubbish the place, but we all know they arent real prospectors, and to use those as evidence against the vast majority is short sighted and stupid.

Almost noone is getting rich, but everyone spends. But its not the public servants and bureaucrat types that miss those dollars, its little local shops and towns, small business owners that help feed families and family aspirations that get shafted.

All in some misguided and despicable sense of protecting the environment. Its a joke. These areas have been turned over, walked over and exploited for decades for starters. And as I always say, Mother nature is far my resilient and powerful than to care about a few humans digging on the odd occasion. Only a lunatic would believe we could put a candle to that, its laughable.

Bloody change for changes sake, probably born out of someones misguided virtue signalling to save the planet and/or justify their position.

Good luck to them patrolling it and enforcing it on their own, those breaking and flaunting the rules will just get a better chance to not be under scrutiny with less eyes watching when good prospectors decide its not worth getting out without a highbanker.

Can see this coming our way, its only a matter of time probably.

OldGT said:
GaryO said:

All good points. I too believe they missed the point when they decided to clamp down on highbankers.

Its the same as locking up the forests, if you push people out how are sensible and informed users reach those that want to abuse the resource?

In this context I would guess 99% or higher of those prospecting in open areas in NSW would be honest law abiding folk that respect others and the land and waterways, and would speak up if there was an issue with someones behavior or actions. The chances of someone buying a highbanker from a reputable outlet and then using it to be an environmental vandal for purely destructions sake would be next to zero.

If I had an educated guess I would bet that most (above 95%) would be older types, take their rubbish home, responsibly fish and hunt with proper licences as well if they do those activities , abide by the laws of fossiking, contribute to rural areas financially that they would otherwise not go to without gold on offer, buy quality products from australian sellers, and encourage others to do the same.

Sure theres a bad egg here and there who want to dredge through greed and/or ignorance, or those without care who rubbish the place, but we all know they arent real prospectors, and to use those as evidence against the vast majority is short sighted and stupid.

Almost noone is getting rich, but everyone spends. But its not the public servants and bureaucrat types that miss those dollars, its little local shops and towns, small business owners that help feed families and family aspirations that get shafted.

All in some misguided and despicable sense of protecting the environment. Its a joke. These areas have been turned over, walked over and exploited for decades for starters. And as I always say, Mother nature is far my resilient and powerful than to care about a few humans digging on the odd occasion. Only a lunatic would believe we could put a candle to that, its laughable.

Bloody change for changes sake, probably born out of someones misguided virtue signalling to save the planet and/or justify their position.

Good luck to them patrolling it and enforcing it on their own, those breaking and flaunting the rules will just get a better chance to not be under scrutiny with less eyes watching when good prospectors decide its not worth getting out without a highbanker.

Mate what a top post well done. :Y:

OldGT said:
GaryO said:

That is exactly the type of sentiment that should be penciled to the NSW government ministry . Beurocrates are just self entitled people that have an overpaid job and try to justify their wage at the expense of actual ELECTED people. Make sure you let them know that their hard work for the community is being jepodised by self centred individuals that couldnt care less about their country or the direct minister in charge of them.
More fool minister Matthew Kean if he decides his hard work and reputation is to be spoilt by lying ill advised public servants .