Builds by Baz - crevicing tools.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more Baz Crack-Scratchers ready, two gone, six left.

Baz.

llkbW24.jpg

iESDPYn.jpg

Here's some golden goodness that my crack scratchers are pulling up.

8NlpEjn.jpg

0rBDJQo.jpg

nTMFuxU.jpg

I suggest you spray these with yellow marker , this might save you losing them or leaving them behind in the bush . I worked in a foundry and kept losing my black open ended spanners . I sprayed them with yellow marker , other tools got a spray as well !

Mike678 said:
I suggest you spray these with yellow marker , this might save you losing them or leaving them behind in the bush . I worked in a foundry and kept losing my black open ended spanners . I sprayed them with yellow marker , other tools got a spray as well !

I've been contemplating this for some time. I've been very careful to drill down all my processes and expenses to keep this tool affordable and below fifty bucks. Every little thing I add, costs more. Yeah, a can of spray paint is cheap enough, but there is a flow-on effect to consider in extra time and cost.

I did think of one thing too - it depends on the type of soil/rock/vegetation you are prospecting on. High Vis paint comes in yellow, green and orange and there are soil and rock colours that you would lose them on. Maybe pink? Might be better to let the individual paint their own?

Anyway, I forged another 12 today. They are in the oven tempering now.

1582108480_87206680_2553370471572722_7762848105539567616_o.jpg

You can get one here. https://shop.buildsbybaz.com/

Cheers,

Baz.

Yes, I was thinking to let the buyers spray them . After they have lost one they will think it was good advice ! Take care ! .

What I did was drill a small hole through the scraper where the stamp is, and put a wrist rope through the hole. The idea been the small cord rope slips over your wrist , making the scraper always at hand. Great when working under water making the scraper easy to find. :Y:

mudgee hunter said:
Love mine!
But I'm a shocker at leaving stuff behind from rock skipping to crevices!
Think I might have to paint the handle fluro yellow!
Even 6"s of yellow heat shrink....
Hate to loose it!
Thanx heaps Baz!

I like that idea of the heat shrink.

Jemba said:
What I did was drill a small hole through the scraper where the stamp is, and put a wrist rope through the hole. The idea been the small cord rope slips over your wrist , making the scraper always at hand. Great when working under water making the scraper easy to find. :Y:

That's a good idea till you want to swat a Mozzie on your face.... :lol:

There is a Red plastic paint available from Bunnings that you dip your chosen tool into and it puts a nice layer of Plastic over it... Its a real bright red...

That's why I use several old bent screwdrivers... Won't cost me a fortune if I loose it or leave it behind... :/

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Jemba said:

There is a Red plastic paint available from Bunnings that you dip your chosen tool into and it puts a nice layer of Plastic over it... Its a real bright red...

LW...

Does it hurt? :8

Moneybox said:
LoneWolf said:
Jemba said:

LW...

Does it hurt? :8

Don't know, ask the Bananas, it happened to them... :)

1582543908_wax-dipped_bananas_jpg_650x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

LW...