ebike

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a bloke flying along in town and when I caught him at the lights I asked him what makes it go as I could see no motor just a bigger than normal rear hub. He said he bought the hub from ebay and made it himself. Hope that helps.

watts that, i think most states are 250w but there are bike shops selling 1000w motors so i will go 750w or 1000w when i make up my mind on what motor to use a rear hub or centre drive

You'll get busted :(

With those motors the bike MUST be registered
You MUST have a motor cycle licence
The bike MUST be r/w

I've got an Aldi E bike, all legal, electric motor helps up to 25 kph, after that it cuts out, if you can pedal fast enough and hard enough, you can go as fast as you like.Very handy toy to ride to the bottle shop, wheel it in , get the goon box, strap in on the back and come home, faster than the car :Y: :beer: :beer:

Looked at E-bikes for a while now, thought about kits, hubs etc, some good gear and cheap crap.
The problem is assembly and matching all the gear together, including electronics, batteries and brakes.

Good to get around, quiet, can tow a little trailer too, off road.

My conclusion is to wait and look for a good 'BUY' and just buy the bike assembled to go.

An adult bike can be had for as little as $850.00 delivered at the right time on Ebay from an Australian warehouse.

Most controller software can be reprogrammed for significant speed and performance upgrades, but at the risk of breaking the law
and lower battery time.

Most hubs are rated a lot higher than they are labelled as.

Crank mounted motors are meant to be really good but have been known to break cheap chains (motors can be modified a lot)

Build time is not always as fast or simple as it seems, and your warranty is at risk if the seller believes the problem was your build.

4 months ago I looked at this one - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ROKETTO...045255?hash=item3b3965d447:g:T40AAOSwveNeAIQ5

Good luck.

:)

I have had several attempts at converting a regular bicycle into an electric one. Now I sometimes use this homemade e-bike, but I can't call it a comfortable ride. Therefore, for work, I preferred such models that suit me.

Latest posts