19" for the 7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

has anyone had any experience with 19 " for the 7000 any is there any advice about running one ,Flatlander

I have not used mine enough to comment to much .
But the extra weigh doe,s change the balance of weight a bit on the back end .
Happy hunting :Y:

ive been in a valley on an off for the last 3 yrs and pulled out some nice size gold so im iching to see whats a bit deeper mmmmm...????

You will be suprised how much shallow gold it will find , it really makes the 7000 into a sdc. I thrashed a patch with the sdc and the standard 7000 coil and yet the 19' still pulled some odd shaped bits not far under the surface.
The wish for deep targets will also be granted but trying to dig a hole big enough to pin point the target whilst swinging a lid off a 44 gallon drum can be frustrating.

Excellent coil just heavy and awkward.

They're a great coil to grid a massive amount of ground in a short time. I try to keep it in normal, general. If you run it in deep, it seems to run smoother. it still finds small targets if they're shallow. It goes a bit deeper than the 14" coil.

Gday all

Im really happy with the 19. It surprises me just how small a nuggs it will pick up! Love the amount of ground one can cover too.
I would recommend the aftermarket skid plate, it has no holes in it so reduces the amount of sticks n rocks it gets hung up on. Your going to need your bungi thats for sure.

Yep, love the 19" performance, just wish it was a bit lighter.

Definitely responds well to Normal ground type. If the ground gets a bit much use Patch Locate before going into Difficult ground type.
Once in Difficult, get your Sensitivity as high as the ground will allow, and then set Audio Smoothing accordingly.

I think I've got about 4 videos on the 19" on my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ikICv4jGOPd8bK-EHKCYA/videos

Hi Flatty, have to agree with Nenad and his settings.

I sold my 19" because I new there were other players coming on the scene. If that was not the case I'd still have it.
Yep they are heavy...but just like the standard 14" you get used to it.

They are a ground specific coil, deeper ground where you've got stuff before or where you suspect there's something lurking bigger and deeper. I wouldn't consider them for stepping out for ground coverage but for specific areas where depth is the priority.

I dug some stupidly deep craters with mine and also found some surprisingly small bits closer to the surface.

thanks for info ,the ground i want to do ive found 5 and 10 grm lumpy gold ,but the ground is a bit ironstoney in places, my 5000 used to really stuggle with it ,it,s funny how just a bit of info can give u bit of confidence how to approach things and thats good to here about the small stuff too :Y: :Y: :Y: :beer: :beer:

G'day Nenad. You mentioned here that it is better to go into patch locate mode before going into difficult mode. What are the advantages of patch mode? I thought that mode was for covering the ground a bit faster when looking for patches. I've never used that setting. wiley.

Flatlander said:
has anyone had any experience with 19 " for the 7000 any is there any advice about running one ,Flatlander
my advice is to buy a Russian coil X-COIL 17 it is lighter and takes deeper than other coils

im reluctant to go x coils unless a well known dealer stock them,i cant ask anymore of minelab considering that i was garrett man for years and had a great relationship with phil stearns over 30 yrs then jump ship to minelab about 5 yrs back and no matter were i been in Australia the dealers of minelab have gone out of there way for me, and the back up service second to none,ps i like to thank Adelaide miners den (atkins),Maryborough coiltec (trevor), reeds wa ,grekee, cairns miners den, steelphase, luckystike geelong,

wiley coyote said:
G'day Nenad. You mentioned here that it is better to go into patch locate mode before going into difficult mode. What are the advantages of patch mode? I thought that mode was for covering the ground a bit faster when looking for patches. I've never used that setting. wiley.

The Patch Locate setting soaks up the ground a little better, similar to what faster motion settings on the 5000 do, which is important if you are patch hunting and trying to swing a little faster. But even swinging slower or at normal speed, having Patch Locate on may allow you to use Normal ground type where you'd previously just switched into Difficult.

As an example, here's two setting combos that I can run in medium mineralised soils:

1. Normal, General, Patch Locate, Audio Smoothing Low, Sens 6-9

2. Difficult, HY, G Smoothing Off, Audio Smoothing Low or High, Sens 12-16

The end result of how the detector runs both to ground and EMI noise is about the same, but combo 1 would have the edge on depth to bigger gold, and Combo 2 would have the edge on very small stuff.

Cheers, Nenad

Flatlander said:
im reluctant to go x coils unless a well known dealer stock them,i cant ask anymore of minelab considering that i was garrett man for years and had a great relationship with phil stearns over 30 yrs then jump ship to minelab about 5 yrs back and no matter were i been in Australia the dealers of minelab have gone out of there way for me, and the back up service second to none,ps i like to thank Adelaide miners den (atkins),Maryborough coiltec (trevor), reeds wa ,grekee, cairns miners den, steelphase, luckystike geelong,

Well, as they say, on taste and color, there are no comrades.

Thanks for that info Nenad. I usually hunt for the deeper, bigger stuff, so I'll certainly be giving combo 1 a try. wiley

Does anyone actually stock the x coils in Australia, or do you have to order them direct from. RUSSIA?

Might swing the 19 to.orrow if my tennis elbow let's me

wiley coyote said:
Thanks for that info Nenad. I usually hunt for the deeper, bigger stuff, so I'll certainly be giving combo 1 a try. wiley

I know this is an old thread, but how did you go with the 19"?

davent. The 19" coil's great for covering big areas fast, I tested mine against the 14" coil and found it wasn't much better on depth on a 3oz test piece. In the manual it says to run in extra deep for that 40% increase in depth than the 4500s or 5000s. But what worries me is that they also said, extra deep is for finding deeper nuggets that are over 50 grams in weight. So are they saying? that you'll lose smaller gold in extra deep? I now don't use extra deep ever. I did find some smaller bits using it, but they were just under the surface. Both coils seemed to run smoother in extra deep, compared to normal, general. Hope this helps. wiley.

Latest posts