Black or Discoloured Nugget?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
Test it with a Magnet.... if it sticks throw it next to a tree, or drop it in a recycle bin in town O:)

Everything that sticks is not rubbish, I have a little ironstone specie that sticks to a magnet and has a tiny bit of gold poking out the side,

Mec30 said:
Haha another one that expects to find nuggets everywhere only on your second day out

Really? I have not been on here in ages and it disappoints me that this is the quality of some posts.

Well guess what you arse, I expected to find nuggets on on my first day and my second day and many there after, and I KNOW I am not alone.

I applaud anyone's optimism that they may find nuggets on their first couple of outings, although unlikely in reality, it does happen.

It's the fascination with this natural resource that we are privileged to seek out and actually sometimes find.

When it comes to prospecting I think the belief that you will find gold is key, yes there is learning and a lot of it but to have the enthusiasm is important too.

Allthatshines, you will definitely find gold it is just a matter of time.

Madtuna, I love the accurate humour by the way...

I wrote about this a while ago as I found a hot stone,ie not hot rock as it is only one and a half inches long near Maryborough.It is no ordinary " hotrock" as I got a razor sharp metallic signal from it 4 inches down.It has a black metallic coating on it of very small mass and it could very easily been missed except for the slow speed i was sweeping the coil.I am trying to get my son in law who is a geologist to inspect it but so far without much luck as he works in the WA mines as a flood water engineer.

Latest posts