Iridescent intrusion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1574979368_13f35e4c-bd7d-486c-906e-1f72fb8c1353.jpg

Dihusky said:
Commonly referred to as 'Schiller', found in Quartz, Labradorite, Sunstone and others, scientific term is Aventurescense :inlove: Produces some fascinating effects in faceted stones.
Yes, huge numerous of oriented inclusions of another mineral inn the quartz, in this case possibly white mica. So you have Aventurine quartz I suspect.

Yeah Ive seen that a lot. Initially I thought it was a copper ore -Bornite. But recently I read it was a product of iron oxidisation. The interesting thing is I pretty much only see it on quartz thrown out of gold bearing reef shafts, like some kind of accessory mineral.

Jeff said:
Yeah Ive seen that a lot. Initially I thought it was a copper ore -Bornite. But recently I read it was a product of iron oxidisation. The interesting thing is I pretty much only see it on quartz thrown out of gold bearing reef shafts, like some kind of accessory mineral.
The fluids that form the gold and quartz atre commonly high in potassium - and white mica is a potassium mineral

Ive showed a few old timers who have ceen a lot of quartz broken up,,, and theyve said they have seen nothing like it,,, still no 1 can give me a label to what it is,,, hmmmm ,,, vic museum I think

Dihusky said:
Commonly referred to as 'Schiller', found in Quartz, Labradorite, Sunstone and others, scientific term is Aventurescense :inlove: Produces some fascinating effects in faceted stones.

There's your answer.... Google will help you more...

LW....

Latest posts