Oallen Ford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to check out Oallen tomorrow. River peaked at Hillview nearby at just under 6m, likely some environmental flows during the week but it looks like that is now done and it back down to 30cm or so. Plenty of room for everyone.... ;)

Thanks for your post. It made me double check the BoM river info. The sudden drop in reported level might be due to a fault....can't see how else the level could drop so much. Maybe will head out next weekend!

1581842608_gold_oallen_ford_feb_2020_2.jpg

Well, I went out anyway and sure enough the river was as high as logic (and 7.62) said it would be. Nevertheless I jagged a picker (honestly the biggest I have had from Oallen) and few decent colors from a few hours over the higher rocks. Makes me keen to check out the river once the water goes down a little!

Tried to upload an image - not sure if it worked.

GoldenRivett said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...84/1581842608_gold_oallen_ford_feb_2020_2.jpg

Well, I went out anyway and sure enough the river was as high as logic (and 7.62) said it would be. Nevertheless I jagged a picker (honestly the biggest I have had from Oallen) and few decent colors from a few hours over the higher rocks. Makes me keen to check out the river once the water goes down a little!

Tried to upload an image - not sure if it worked.

That is surprisingly good for Oallen

Latest posts